Isn't she lovely problem.

Rate this topic

devaitis

Hi guys

I had a singing interview yesterday, and they wanted me to sing "isn't she lovely". I chose original key - maybe that was mistake I dunno

The point is my performance made their laugh, I think this song isn't funny, so I screw it up...

Tell me please Why was their reaction like that? What's wrong with my voice?

Quick clip I did.

dev

EDIT: removed the link, available after request

No your pronunciation is the problem. It's really bad and something you need to work on

The first "isnt she" is great then you slaugther the text.

Work on how you pronounce those words it's as important as singingtechnique. Else it sounds like you could nail this piece vocaly as i think the your Voice sounds great when youget it right

The only problem I spot is at 00:18, strain and creaks there, which IS notable and breaks the quality of vocal production you kept on the rest of the song. I dont know the lyrics so I wont touch the pronounciation thing.

Until that point, the sonic result is quite pleasant and top quality in my opinion, I cant tell if there are tensions on what you are doing, if there was, it may be the reason why it failed to deliver what you wanted (demonstration of technique or just singing??).

Even so I dont see a reason to laugh, quite amateurish reaction in my opinion. I wonder how many people can hold the first phrase of this song without spiting blood :P.

I agree with all who have spoken here :)

The quality of the voice sounds very good, but the pronounciation is the problem. However, that is the easier thing to change I think, so it's mainly good news regarding the bad and quite childish reception you got.

Cheers!

Thank you Felipe and Mivke.

I will take your tips under consideration. I will work on my pronunciation in higher register.

When I am singing in my comfort zone pronunciation issue seems to disappear (check my demo on the link below). Only when I have to sing high and fully then each and every vowel is a nightmare :/

Thank all of you again and again.

You see, devaitis, people here are saying the same thing I have been telling you for some time now - work on the english language until you really, really nail it. That should really be the ONLY reason why anyone would not like that take of yours because ... as soon as your voice kicked in, I almost thought it was Stevie Wonder himself! Not too shabby to be able to have a vocal sound that reminds you of one of the greatest singers of all time!! :) So that's GREAT news. All you have to do is master the pronounciation and ... on second thought - DON'T master it so that the rest of us won't look too bad next to you, ok?

;)

Cheers!

Yes. You have to use the original vowels otherwise it sounds stupid. I actually laughed a little myself when I was listening. Why? Because you have a really nice voice man, but the way you pronounce the words doesn't give your voice justice at all.

Correct pronounciation will make your intonation better as well. For instance: "Isn't she lOvely". Try to sing "u" like in the word lucky.