Turn Around Conor Maynard Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://www.mixcloud.com/OldPainless/turn-around-demo-cover/

Just bought an M-Audio "starter pack" with Pro Tools SE included. Heard this song on the radio and liked the melody enough to record a short demo :) Would have made it longer if I knew the song better! There is no pitch correction in this. Only some reverb, a compressor and an equalizer. Well, there is what you might call a poor man's pitch correction in the chorus in the form of 2 vocal tracks.

Now, my natural singing voice is close to what I'm singing in the verse. In the chorus things get a bit difficult for me, I struggled a bit with getting it to sound somewhat decent. Are there any specific techniques you recommend that I could study to gain more stamina/stability at the edge of my vocal range(before going into falsetto)?

Thanks for listening!

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://www.mixcloud.com/OldPainless/turn-around-demo-cover/

Just bought an M-Audio "starter pack" with Pro Tools SE included. Heard this song on the radio and liked the melody enough to record a short demo :) Would have made it longer if I knew the song better! There is no pitch correction in this. Only some reverb, a compressor and an equalizer. Well, there is what you might call a poor man's pitch correction in the chorus in the form of 2 vocal tracks.

Now, my natural singing voice is close to what I'm singing in the verse. In the chorus things get a bit difficult for me, I struggled a bit with getting it to sound somewhat decent. Are there any specific techniques you recommend that I could study to gain more stamina/stability at the edge of my vocal range(before going into falsetto)?

Thanks for listening!

Sounded good. I noticed that you were using the 'eh' vowel sound a lot in the chorus. Was that comfortable for you? You mentioned getting tired. Maybe try "ah" or "aw" just to see what that feels like, to you.