The Process

I like it, there is confidence rolling and well your tone doesnt really leave us much choice hahaha. I was listenning to the original... Such deep interpretation line, wonderfull stuff, not for the faint of heart, good luck on that man :P

But since its a work in progress, my 2 cents:

It brings a tear

On brings, something in there is making you come flat, I bet its the n in there. Try using the EE in there, EEs are sweet :).

Into my eyes

Eyes is on a crescendo... Hard stuff, I would think of the lowest note, the highest, and just walk through the two points, instead of attacking each, do you know what I mean? So you do like a single line of voice and let your brain register the notes in the places for you. It avoids extra movement and reduces the effort.

Other spots with the same ideas will benefit from both approaches too.

More work on the dynamics its due too, like on "I tried so much". I would try to fit some other lower dynamic spots around the phrasing. It will make all the energy this song carries pop more due to the contrasts.

The first falsetto, "Im so blue", right on the mark. The next one needs the same ajustment, the word "got" is making it fall back, try to make it all the same and it will rock. Because of the registration and because got is lower on pitch, you will probably need to back off from volume to keep it more consistant. Either that or use head on "got" but I think it would sound alien in there.

On the spot you guys were talking about, the melody is correct on the first and then comming flat on the second time. But on the first time, you got in the word "you" two vowels, EE and OO. You are not yet decided to which one, thats why it sounds a bit strange, decide for one, bring it into evidence and it will work. I would chose the OO. Will make the dynamic fall and will work with the rest quite nicely.

Just some ideas, I know you got your blues together :)

Keep it up man, very nice that you sent this :)

• TMV World Legacy Member

I was listenning to the original... Such deep interpretation line, wonderfull stuff, not for the faint of heart, good luck on that man :P

Yea, that's what drew me to it. The roller coaster ride of vocal acrobatics he does on this. A seemingly simple tune with a very repetitive line but some not so easy interpretations and modulations, small runs, highs and lows etc. makes it difficult to copy. I want my own take on it but don't want to loose all those little things that make this so interesting and not for the feint of heart ;)

As for all your advice. You're just trying to make me work man. Right? C'mon Felipe I have enough on my plate already!!! :D

Good advice thanks. Now lets see if I can follow it :/