What has the "Passaggio" Taught You

Rate this topic

Hey all, my question is quite simple.... what have you learned from repeated vocalizing in the transition area of the voice (ie: twang more, use less air etc). Feel free to share what you have physiologically and psychologically learned even if it sounds totally useless lol! Ps this doesn't mean you should quote a book and state what you have learned... your response to this thread should be made based off your PERSONAL EXPERIENCES.

Have an awesome day.

- JayMC

Well, when I was able to do vocal workouts for a few hours a day, I noticed that my bridge was slowly getting higher. I used to bridge around e4, but towards the end of summer I wasn't bridging until a4 or b4. I've lost that ability since. Can't wait to have the time to workout again.

Awesome replies guys, I agree with everyone especially the last post. It's the "small stuff" that can make a huge difference, I noticed that most teachers don't look at high notes or middle voice as a big deal and focus on other things such as onsets/focusing of tone/breath support.

The most important thing I have learnt is that if you use the right vowel and volume the area becomes manageable.

And the clouds part, and the sun shines, and the angels sing, "Amen!" Passaggio para mi esso breath control, resonance (based on vowel).

"When I sing, I feel as if I have no throat, at all."

Hey all, my question is quite simple.... what have you learned from repeated vocalizing in the transition area of the voice (ie: twang more, use less air etc). Feel free to share what you have physiologically and psychologically learned even if it sounds totally useless lol! Ps this doesn't mean you should quote a book and state what you have learned... your response to this thread should be made based off your PERSONAL EXPERIENCES.

Have an awesome day.

- JayMC

Once I get a handle on it I'll let you know. :|