Alex Clare - Too Close band rehearsal rock version

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi, this is a song that we are working on, we wanted to do a dirtier version of the original. Normaly I dont play bass so I was kinda confused at some point with singing and reading lyrics/playing, but I think it turned out pretty good. And you get to see me in a video :P

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=171417906337576&set=vb.441750462522749&type=3&theater

Btw you dont have to be logged in facebook to check it out.

Nice vocals in general. In tune, and you are not straining. There are a few places where you are drifting off at the end of words, and not pronouncing the final consonant clearly, which makes it less clear than it might be, such as "best friend" at 0'52.

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

Thanks, guitargeorge! I am still wondering how to pronounce "friend", I try to not OVERpronounce the "D" and I end up without it :D

I got some comment that my voice sounds dull and in my throat, is it so ? What do u guys hear?

I didn't think "friend" was bad. You could pronounce the d a little more if you like. Just soften it or step back from the mic when you do it.

You do fall into the throat at times but it isn't constant throat singing imo. but what I perceive as problem is support. You are going flat at times, For example at around 1:14 -1:16 in that sentence and last word (separate? i'm not sure) you aren't supporting good and it is airy besides. So you run out of air for the next phrase which is a long one and it becomes weak thus going flat on "feels." Not enough support for that "ee. So the whole song sounded a little under supported.

Thanks for the feedback Tommy! Yes thats correct that im off pitch on those places, especially in the beginning of the chorus, but the thing that messed me up was that i was also thinking about playing the bass and didn't support good :)