Infection + exercise?

Rate this topic

p_n_g

Hi!

I've got a throat infection, which makes me difficult to sing well.

My problem is that all of my "registers" has shifted down, so I have to switch to head voice at around A3, while I usually do this at D4.

Also whistle voice got uncontrollable above E5.

Is there any exercise to regain my original voice?

Should I just rest it and not use it? Which is better?

Here is my voice with throat infection : https://www.box.com/s/k88ewpiqhl7gphq5mty7

Thanks for your help.

If your voice was affected, rest, water and wait it to heal. Even if it was not, its best to avoid singing having a condition that affects any part of the respiratory system.

Its normal that it gets really weird because of the condition. Wait until its back to normal even if it takes some time.

With any injury or affliction the injured area doesn't work correctly. When that happens other muscles kick in to attempt to compensate; which many times causes overcompensation and more pain and injury. Sometimes in other areas. But also quite often you can make the original area worse. Rest is best then start back slow to regain strength and stability.

Hi!

I've got a throat infection, which makes me difficult to sing well.

My problem is that all of my "registers" has shifted down, so I have to switch to head voice at around A3, while I usually do this at D4.

Also whistle voice got uncontrollable above E5.

Is there any exercise to regain my original voice?

Should I just rest it and not use it? Which is better?

Here is my voice with throat infection : https://www.box.com/s/k88ewpiqhl7gphq5mty7

Thanks for your help.

Stop singing until your infection is cleared... 2 weeks. Use the time to memorize lyrics to songs, or ear-training exercises.

• Administrator

This is the best advise anyone could give you... Don't try to be a hero, get antibiotics from the doctor and be done with it in 3 days. I just don't get why some people insist on suffering with sore throats and illness for weeks on end, when they can just go to a doctor and get some antibiotics and be done with it.

The moment I feel anything coming on, I snuff it immediately in three days with modern medicine and get on with living and being productive.