Son of storm

My new song give it a listen. Forget about technique and pinpointing details listen to it as a song and tell me what you think :) Im very happy about the vocals on this one, and I actualy managed to sound the way I wanted for this song.

If you want please add a comment on youtube and you get a star in my book

Big thanks to marcus for helping me write this song, your an epic friend and musician.

Cheers

• TMV World Legacy Member

I'm speechless. I've been waiting for 2.5 years for you to do something like this. About time, darn it. This is really good.

In my opinion, the vocals had the right presence. A song is more than just a voice. I get a bit of a nordic feel in this song and I don't say that just because you are from a northern country.

I don't have any technical problems with it. Then, again, I'm a rube living in a farming town. But I was born in a big city, if that means anything. :)

I want to write a song like that. And actually, I am trying to, for a collab with a friend. You are inspiring, Jens. Because of this song, as well as your words of wit and wisdom.

Rockonwhichyabadself.

Jens, I have listened to this several times and I think you have done a real good job. I think the musicianship is nicely done. I really like the chorus, it has some real meat to it. I think the song flows very well. Soft parts and meaty parts. You did a nice job with this. Keep it up, you two make a great team.

Steve

Actually, though the link no longer exists, I think, Jens and Marcus teamed up on a neat project where they went through all the voice sounds they could muster and it was funny, too.

Then, there was the forum song, and that link is gone, I know, for sure, because I found the old thread and it no longer worked.

They actually made a song for this forum and members contributed vocal tracks and Jens and Marcus featured prominently and someone mixed it well. It was really good. When I got here in May 2010, it was still an active link.

But alas, no more. Das tut mir leid.

I shed a tear for the glory that has passed.

Awsome Jens! The song is great - nice hooks and melodies - good chorus. And I really like the production and mixing - very well done recording and arrangement. Your singing is excellent on this one. The song is takes you on a journey through different textures which gives the listener a chance to hear a bunch of different vocal nuances. I've got a much more complete understanding of your voice and your style now after hearing that song. Very nice and expressive.

That's a pretty cool picture too!

Thanks for the kind words about arrangement and production :D

Keith - in what way could I improve the vocal mix?

ronws - if you mean the "video" Vocal Dominance I think it should still be on youtube. Just hope no one takes it too seriously. And about the TMV Forum song, we didn't get as many contributions from the forum as we'd hoped. Maybe we should try again some day?

I would have liked to hear a "cleaner" chorus. Sounds like Jens sang the main line id the chorus doubled, but it doesn't need it cause his voice is so awesome. And there is a weird delay in there that could be tweaked a little better. Don't pay any attention to me though, I just knit pick mixing cause its what my second job is.

www.drop-head.com

Hello, Jens, i think your song as a whole is very impressive. The verses sound awesome. IMO the first phrase of the chorus sounds a little strained and shouty, at least on my stereo. Maybe it is a mixing thing like Keith says. Great job!