Please review and critique! Thank you!

• TMV World Legacy Member

This is me singing "You Raise Me Up" without background music. I'd like to know some comments and constructive criticisms for my guidance. Thanks and much appreciated!

Here is the link of the video:

http://youtu.be/vXaiKL-_C5A

Sounds too nasal . Like you are singin through your nose. From what I understand, and I am no expert, there shouldn't be a constant flow of air from your nose when you sing. Sometimes, to get the right feel, it is ok to allow air to pass out of your nose, but not all the time. So, if you are doin this all the time, try to correct it. Also, you are constantly changing the key if the song - there was no backing track in the mix so I assume its acapella. I find that it is almost normal to have slight variations in key without a backing track.

There is a lot of air in your voice - which also needs to be addressed. Check out the technique section for a few good posts about adduction and support / breathing. Do you have a coach or teacher? If not, I suggest getting one if you can. It will greatly reduce the time it will take you to build a good foundation and kill bad habits.

www.drop-head.com

I agree with Keith..

Too nasal for sure.... If you correct that, and sing with better support, I think you have a nice tone / sound to your voice.

Also sounds like you are trying to be as quiet as possible. That may be hindering you as well...