Advice for Working on Low Bass Range

Rate this topic

cal_dpr

Hi,

I'm a baritone, my comfortable range is roughly G2 to G4, I was wondering if anyone had advice on increasing range/power on the lower end, if it's plausible I'd love to be able to sing Bass 2 in a choir(I'd need roughly a D2). I'm planning on purchasing some sort of program just to improve my singing in general (likely either 4 Pillars or KTVA, I haven't decided yet), has anyone had success in increasing their lower range and power with one of these products or perhaps something else and can talk about their results?

Thank You.

• Administrator

Hi, welcome to The Modern Vocalist Forum...

In regards to your question:

1. develop strong twang compression so you can get stronger vocal fold closure in the lower range.

2. shift resonant space to an oral or mouthy position, accenting ping off the top front teeth.

3. A little bit of larynx lowering tricks can help you to grab about 2-3 extra notes in the lowest regions.

4. Take at least 3 internet lessons with me to make sure your doing the workouts correctly. That means you have the ability to quickly calibrate and tune onsets and bridge your registers with sirens. A private lesson with me is a huge leap forward if you can do it, it ups your chances of success to about 95%.

All the workouts in "Pillars" start pretty low... from there, drilling the training work flows found inside "Pillars 2.5" and focusing on the Foundation Building Routine, you will train not only your low notes to sound rich and boomy, but all your notes.

Its during the first 90 days or sooner, while working on the "TVS Foundation Building Routine", you will gain most of your range, from top to bottom. Most TVS students increase their lower range by at least an extra 5-6 notes immediately within 1 week to 30 days.

Are you aware that "Pillars" 2.5 now has a multi-media interface that organizes all the content into menus and links that is user-friendly. It is greatly improving the efficiency and rate of success for my students. Here is a screen shot of the training media interface.

Training in this way is a LOT better then folders with source files in it.... TVS is the first to develop a user inter-face like this in the industry. If you want to get to the source files for iPOD playlists and device synching, the source files are also found inside the "TMI".

TVS Training Media Interface (Screen Shot)

What other questions do you have? Feel free to send me a private email if you would like to discuss in further detail how I can help you with your singing...