Updated song "Vagabond" by Drop Head (my band)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here is an updated version of one of my bands 14 new songs. It is the song I had the most trouble with. It isn't perfect, but I think there are some good ideas in there.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12080670&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

Keep this one, with just about this mix, too. Granted, it might be clean for "grunge," but I think it works for this song. And I know others have been giving you what-for on your vibrato but I think your wide, lucious vibrato works for this song and this style. It's also a simpler arrangement than the stuff you did on the "Drop Dead" album. But i like it and I think it's a step in a good direction, songwriting and arranging-wise.

It is probably my lack of understanding this style of music but to me it sounds like the song needs the third harmony above what you are singing.

This is just a matter of opinion. My taste in music may greatly differ from yours. It may even take away the feel that you want for the song.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

M, you might try listening to some Alice in Chains, like "Man in the Box."

I'm not disagreeing with you and I like your idea of harmony a 3rd above but I thought you might not be familiar with the genre and with the band that this song seems inspired from.

"The Rooster" by Alice in Chains (AIC) (by the way, M, the original singer, Layne Staley, has passed on but they did find another singer who sounds a lot like him, if you go to see them in concert.)

edited to add: in the album cover that you see, Layne is the guy in the center, surrounded by the others. The wall of guitar sound you hear is from Jerry Cantrell, the blonded-headed guy in the back.

It was called grunge, but I would just as soon call it heavy metal aria with some atttitude. Because I can get away with it.

:)

Thanks Ronws.

I am not familier with this genre. That is why I frazed my post the way I did. So it can be disregarded if it does not apply.

I've lived a musically sheltered life. :( But I am learning. :P

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."