Trapped On An Island

Rate this topic

Hey all if you were trapped on an Island and had only 3 vocal exercises to practice what would they be?

I would personally choose:

Resonant Tracking

Sirens On Training Vowel

Tongue Trills

Reason: fun, easy, effective, & dynamic!

What would you choose and why? Remember... you would have to do them for a long time :lol:

Note: its okay to choose the same exercise as someone else if coincidentally they are the same.

- JayMC

Mine would be:

- Singing

- Singing

- Singing

Reason: Because that's what I like to do.

Amen, twin brother of a different mother.

Although, if I could add one condition. As long as I was on this island, if I could have a cat. That way, I can swing the cat around by the tail and try to match the sound emanating from the cat.

:P

Truth be known, I do not swing the cat around. She's kinda feisty. It's just a funny image that pops into my mind, now and then.

Okay next question... What is the elevation of this island?

Also, what is the biodiversity of plant life and probability of spore-induced and other allergens being present?

HONESTLY I would have to agree with

-singing

-singing

-singing

the question was what 3 vocal exercises..is singing an exercise in and of itself?

a question to ponder......

Your right, I totally failed to answer the question, restricting to just vocal exercises. Resonant tracking, sirens, messa di voce.

@Jay MC - lol!!

The question is.. If I'm on an island by myself.. why do I need vocal exercises :-P

hahahahahahahaha

It's amazing how most singers can reduce their workouts to 2-3 exercises to give them most of their impact.. It's like the 80/20 rule I guess :-)

There are a lot of good exercises but the ones that are fun and keep you interested usually work out better. Singing can be done freely but only 3 vocal exercises are allowed on the island lol.

jonpall's question is the best. Let me add, can it be Hawaii, with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders? I would find that inspiring.

The exercises I chose for this hypothetical question involve nothing really to do with scales. Things I do to warm-up, really.

But, to each, his own. Some have to have scales and a set time of warm-up, others just blast away.

jonpall's question is the best. Let me add, can it be Hawaii, with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders? I would find that inspiring.

The exercises I chose for this hypothetical question involve nothing really to do with scales. Things I do to warm-up, really.

But, to each, his own. Some have to have scales and a set time of warm-up, others just blast away.

:D - If it was Hawaii with the Dallas Cheerleaders, My 3 exercises would change to Push Ups, Chin Ups, and Ab Crunches!! lol..