G-Dragon's Voice

Rate this topic

ezpoir

Any idea how GD changes his voice when singing?

This is his normal voice;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gKg3X24RVs

Whereas this is his voice when he sings;

I need some tips cuz I'm learning how to sing it..

Thanks guys

He is basically using countertenor technique but with a higher larynx configuration. So he is singing in M2, or head voice permanently. He sings very soft and low mass with a tendency towards falsetto all the time, but just enough cord closure too not let it sound too breathy.

When a counter-tenor sings contemporary style, it pretty much sounds like this, you can see that here:

He is basically using countertenor technique but with a higher larynx configuration. So he is singing in M2, or head voice permanently. He sings very soft and low mass with a tendency towards falsetto all the time, but just enough cord closure too not let it sound too breathy.

When a counter-tenor sings contemporary style, it pretty much sounds like this, you can see that here:

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I am new here and also just only recently gotten interested in singing.. so I didn't understand most of the terms you used. But thanks anyway

Any idea how GD changes his voice when singing?

This is his normal voice;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gKg3X24RVs

Whereas this is his voice when he sings;

I need some tips cuz I'm learning how to sing it..

Thanks guys

G-Dragon? That is just an absurd name.

I have no advice for you, I just thought that was ridiculous.

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I am new here and also just only recently gotten interested in singing.. so I didn't understand most of the terms you used. But thanks anyway

I guess I will comment.

If you are new to singing, I would not try to copy this artist. If you try to go straight to what he is doing before getting through a lot of basics things that he has learned, you will probably get into trouble.

I guess I will comment.

If you are new to singing, I would not try to copy this artist. If you try to go straight to what he is doing before getting through a lot of basics things that he has learned, you will probably get into trouble.

What do you suggest me to do and where can I learn the basics?

It depends on what route you want to go in. I am a big fan of appoggio singing which is geared more towards classical but can translate well into anything else. If you want something to really work at and be a physical challenge, that would be right up your ally.

If you want some very basic videos, Ron Anderson seems to have some pretty good advice and you might find some of Seth Riggs teaching useful. Both can be found on youtube.

G-Dragon? That is just an absurd name.

I have no advice for you, I just thought that was ridiculous.

Well, he's Korean, and his Korean name is Jiyong...Since Yong means dragon and Ji sorta sounds like G, you get G-Dragon.

If you think his name is ridiculous, his bandmate's name name is T.O.P. (pronounced "top") and his group's name is Big Bang, lol.

I really love Big Bang...their music is awesome and whatever you think of G-Dragon's name, lol, he's a really talented composer, which is rare among kpop idols.