I try to sing....help!

• TMV World Legacy Member

:lol:

Hi!

I need your comments about my singing and the voice itself. I've never taken vocal lessons in my life because in my town I still can't find a vocal teacher. I sing on my own and I don't know how bad I am. I hear when I go off key. I hope it doesn't sound very shameful.:D

And please, don't comment on my accent and pronunciation. I'm a foreigner;)

https://www.box.com/s/gjepzjkq9h5cbxmjhq6c

https://www.box.com/s/9svrgfwhci9eakemuu6e

I really like your voice, Super nice overall tone, vibratto and pitch! Not much I can criticize to be honest. The voice volume is a little bit low compared to the backing track. I think you would sound great on a proper recording. I'd like to hear more :)

O! hurrah!!!! :)

Another post at last!

Thank you! I try to learn without coaches by using the internet and advice of forum users....

Unfortunately my voice sometimes goes off pitch and this bothers me most. I prefer to make live recordings as they are honest and show true abilities of a singer.

Very soon I record Toni Braxton's "Unbreak my heart", also live:)

I have to agree with some other posts.

Your tone is excellent. Maybe only slightly pitchy but If I wasnt purposely tryiing to pay so much attention I probably wouldnt have noticed, thats how little you are off pitch. Nowhere near as noticeable as me.

But your have an excellent voice and the note adjustments sound natural and it makes me want

to wait for the rise and fall of cascading notes. Your rendition of this has an eerie yet spiritual feeling

to the song. I can picture you singing this on top of a high church roof looking down at the world

in all of its misgivings and transgressions, soaking it in and then singing it to the sky letting it all out.

In fact I was just waiting for your high belt, I wanted so bad for there to be one in there. So I could let

loose a tear.

Of course I over do belting quite a bit so please forgive my opinion on it :D

I do think you have potential to make an excellent recording with nice equipment. Please keep it up.

Good song choice also.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

The only song I have up.
https://soundcloud.com/#skyknight-1/hallelujah-m

Thank you all for your kind answers! I really appreciate them!

Unfortunately I can't estimate correctly the meaning of the word

eerie

and the sentence

the note adjustments sound natural and it makes me want to wait for the rise and fall of cascading notes.

The word has many meanings and which exactly meaning you apply I can't guess.

And could you please say the quoted phrase in a different easier way for me to understand?

Beautiful singing. I could not hear any technical problems. And I don't understand the words but it sounds like you have this romantic style totally on command.

Good stuff. I know others felt that the music should be mixed in volume better with the voice but what you recorded showed me that you have good volume and tone acoustically, in a room, with accompaniment. No hiding behind a mic with amplifier. I value that highly.

Good singing.

I enjoyed your voice very much. I also cannot add comments of how to improove other than do what you are doing.

I can't help but notice that you cannot read Russian, you cannot understand Russian singing. Are not from Russia? ;) Just having fun.. No need to answer.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Thank you!

I can't help but notice that you cannot read Russian, you cannot understand Russian singing. Are not from Russia? ;) Just having fun..

There's no need for me to troll. I can easily prove I understand my mother - tongue russian ;)

Just playing along with your comments from before. I did not mean any harm. I really did enjoy listening to your song. :)

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Thank you!

There's no need for me to troll. I can easily prove I understand my mother - tongue russian ;)

phonetically:

Spassiba, tovarisch.

Ya doomayoo Gitarre.

That's probably all wrong but it's been 24 years since I studied russian. I once worked with a guy from the Ukraine. He spoke ukrainian well. But he was from Germany but couldn't remember much german, even though I speak German. Oh well, at least he knew English. But it was still fun to speak to him in my broken russian.

:lol:

Are you american or british? Your writing english is like it's your mother- tongue, no?

But it was still fun to speak to him in my broken russian.

It's like my dream to meet an american or a british who knows russian so it would be real fun how he/she teaches me to speak english and I teach him/her russian.

I am american. I was born in Los Angeles California March 19, 1964. In October 1974, we moved to north Texas. Around the metroplex of Dallas and Fort Worth. Currently, I live near Sherman, 2 towns away from the border of Oklahoma.

But I like languages. I even used to know a few words of ethopian. And a smattering of other languages. In high school, I studied 2 years of German and another year on my own.

I have learned mexican Spanish and Tex-Mex, a variation that includes america concepts and phrasing, mainly on the job. In Texas, we have a lot of workers who have immigrated from Mexico. It stuck in my head so much.

One time, my wife and friends and I had dinner at a bavarian style restaurant in Plano, Texas. I ordered our meal in german. The waiter repeated it back to me and I said, "Si, Senor." (Spanish for yes, sir (da, tovarische.))

I know a few words of japanese, mandarin chinese, arabi, one or two bits of thai (from one of my bosses who has a place in Thailand.)

Enough french to get me in trouble. And, of course, a few words in russian. When Alexei Sultanov won the 8th Van Cliburn Piano Competition, my first wife and I placed a call to Tashkent, Russia. Never mind that he was actually living in Moscow. the international operator was trying to place the call. I told my first wife to say "Ya doomayoo Royalye." That unleashed a flood of russian from the operator that we could not understand. But it was fun, trying.