Gabe Brown and this seasons American Idol

Rate this topic

Vocalist Dad

Hello Gang,

I know some of you have shared great advice for Gabe and his desire to be a rock singer. This past July, he auditioned for this seasons show and it begins tomorrow. His city of audition is Chicago and it is supposed to air Thursday night. Of course I can't say anything about what outcomes have happened and he doesn't know if he ended up on the cutting room floor or not but I would love to share more about it when the time is appropriate. He has had a great time. I know many have their own opinions on the show but it is one of those opportunities that you can’t pass up.

Talk with you soon,

Steve

Thanks Guys, I do get to visit with him about the site and it isn't like he is purposely avoiding us, he really doesn't spend much time online with anything other than band stuff. I think he and Keith visit from time to time but I don't know if he feels like he can really offer true vocal technique direction, he says Keith uses vocal terms he hasn't heard of or thought of since high school. I know he thinks he is no different than anyone on this site, he has had some great opportunities come his way, been in the right place at the right time and tried to be prepared to take advantage of them. I know one thing, he never stops singing so I would bet that is the biggest advice he would share with everyone.

Steve

Let's see if this works. I missed the show so I looked it up on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HBcpSuQaDo&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HBcpSuQaDo&feature=player_embedded

Hope you don't mind.

Well, tell Gabe good luck. He has a strong voice equivalent to my favorite contestants on AI, namely, Kelly Clarkson and Adam Lambert.

May he be the next one. Of course, they may not know how to let a metal singer win. It seems that most of the winners are more r & b and "adult contemporary."

We need a singer with some cajones, regardless of gender.

Very cool. I actually quit watching last season because I finally became disenchanted with the whole process and the shadiness behind it ( I was far too busy to make time for it, as well), but if he advances to the top 24 or top 12, I may just have a reason to watch.

Still find it weird that his dad is on this, and not Gabe.. but being a father of three boys -- I COMPLETELY understand.. haha..

Gabe seems to be authentic and not a wannabe.. and for that.. I vote him in...

• 1 month later...

The season with Durbin is the last one I watched. I damn near pissed myself the week Zakk Wylde showed up onstage.

The show has always been about "pop", but there's been a handful of moments where rock was represented. Steve Vai, KISS, Judas Priest, Queen, Jeff Beck, Nuno Bettencourt, and Slash have all been on the show.

It's funny that Adam Lambert, really a theater and jazz singer, did more hard rock songs in his season, than really anyone else in that season. I especially liked Adam's "Born to be Wild" with Slash.

So, if Gabe makes it far enough to perform with a guest band, I wonder who will it be? Might Jimmy, John Paul, Robert, and Jason get together to make an evening with Gabe? I hope they do "Immigrant Song," if that happens.

That would close the show and the season.

I watched that episode as well. See that big hulking blonde guy behind James, I hollered to the missus, holy @#$@%#, that's Zakk Wylde. I don't think he rehearsed either because he was still noodling when the song ended. The band stopped, then he stopped a few 16th notes later.....