Gabe Brown and this seasons American Idol

Rate this topic

Vocalist Dad

Yeah, I remember when I saw it back then, I couldn't help but laugh at how he stood up to the mentors. Hell, that's what rock/metal has always been about. Standing up to the naysayers.

That was a sweet and tasty moment, indeed. And then he goes out and rocks the judges and the audience. Seeing that renewed my faith in the judges. At least for that season.

This year, with Gabe in the running, some new judges, except for Randy. IDK. For example, Madonna does not like heavy metal and said so in an interview. What would she be like as a judge?

And nothing against Gabe but sometimes the voting audience is fickle, as in real life. For example, Adam Lambert was the better singer with greater range and dynamics. But Kris won, by popular vote, even though Adam was the judges' favorite.

Ya never can tell.

Kind of like in the real world. One album sells. Another doesn't. Billy Ray Cyrus made a career from "Achy, Breaky Heart." Two stinking chords. And a spoken lyric, rather than actually sung.

There's no rhyme and reason. "Macarena" was a hit. And so was "Red Barchetta."

It's too much for my simple mind.

That's why I prefer the scandinavian versions of idol better. They are not afraid of letting a few rockers through. I wish ours would take a lesson from theirs.

p.s. It's no secret now. They sent Gabe home in hollywood week. Not even a chance to be in the running.