Taking Back Sunday - Liar

Rate this topic

Took me a while to realise you are playing all the parts yourself.... Well done! That kind of adaptability will surely serve you well. Sounded like a good mix too, and the multi tracking film edit you did was cool. I'm not familiar with the song, so I won't say anything about your interpretation etc. Whilst there is nothing particularly technical vocally in this song (does not appear to move through or beyond the passagio - stays comfortably in 'chest') your delivery sounded true to the style. I don't mean at all to devalue the music or your efforts, simply an observation. I look forward to more of these one man band productions from you!

Took me a while to realise you are playing all the parts yourself.... Well done! That kind of adaptability will surely serve you well. Sounded like a good mix too, and the multi tracking film edit you did was cool. I'm not familiar with the song, so I won't say anything about your interpretation etc. Whilst there is nothing particularly technical vocally in this song (does not appear to move through or beyond the passagio - stays comfortably in 'chest') your delivery sounded true to the style. I don't mean at all to devalue the music or your efforts, simply an observation. I look forward to more of these one man band productions from you!

Thanks Nick! And this song stays comfortably in chest for you? That's amazing! Maybe I just have a low voice but I feel like a lot of the song was in my passagio. I tried to add some twang/distortion so that it didn't have such a high tone.

Excellent, Overdrive. And you are more talented than I am. I sing. I play guitar well enough to accompany myself, if I make the arrangement simple. But you rock the guitar, bass, and drums. And the voice. And you had some sweet high notes in this, too.

And you've got the right voice for this style, kind of Foo Fighters mach 2.

Keep it up. Keep doing this.

My apologies! I had another listen and it's higher than I first thought. The chorus does the B - F sharp thing. Beltable if you've got (i.e. developed) a strong mid voice ;) I definitely don't think you have a 'low' voice. I missed the higher notes at he end of the song before. You get up to an e flat right at the end there - but it's hard to hear as it's hidden in the mix a bit. Be cool to hear that part a little more exposed, to better hear what you're doing there.

I concur with Ron, keep this stuff coming.