Richer Tone

Rate this topic

johndavis

What are some secret/unknown tips to create a better richer tone?

And could someone listen to and critique Sam Tsui's voice? I really like his style and was wondering what kind of characteristics his voice has that makes it so good. How can I sing like him?(ex. bright tone) And yes I know that even if I do what he does, I won't sound like him. I'm just wondering:)

Some tips for that: Relax your abs and shoulders (and everything, really) when you take in breaths. Try to always sing the most resonant vowel possible, even if you have to shade it slightly away the written vowel in the lyrics. Add just a bit of twang in your voice and fine tune it until you like the sound.

you'll also gain a more resonant tone as a byproduct of time spent consistently vocal exercising. the pharynx gets more expansion which makes the tone richer and you learn to place the tone and work your vowels (as jon said) to best tune for maximum resonance ....and you sing supported.

also, a lot of people forget, you learn to relax the tongue and jaw and sing with reduced extraneous muscle tension.

basically (over time) you go from singing with non essentials involved in tone production, to only the musculature needed to sing involved in tone production.

you release the voice to do what is does naturally, thereby enabling you control.....

Some tips for that: Relax your abs and shoulders (and everything, really) when you take in breaths. Try to always sing the most resonant vowel possible, even if you have to shade it slightly away the written vowel in the lyrics. Add just a bit of twang in your voice and fine tune it until you like the sound.

Short, sweet, to-the-point, the keys to the kingdom. If anyone has the guts to read it and follow it.

to paraphrase ronws: Amen, and Amen.