Thoughts to have in your process

Rate this topic

ronws

Let me beat Bob to the punch, as it were. He has a thread about what to remove from your vocabulary or thought process.

So, here, we can list what we think should be in the process of our singing. I don't necessarily mean that you need something like the "Daily Affirmations with Stuart Smalley" skit that Al Franken had on SNL (way before he was a senator.) Although, those are good, too. Especially if you have had a bad day. What's the worst? It could do nothing, right?

A few I can think of:

I learned something new today.

What can I learn tomorrow?

Lose the fear, try that new thing. It might the turn in the road that you need.

This will take time to learn. And I have the rest of my life, might as well start now. (Because you don't know how long the rest of your life is.)

sidenote: affirming yourself is not a reason to not practice or "work" at things. These are meant to drive you on.

Sure, it's work, but I cannot imagine not singing.

One of my favorites, from Bruce Dickinson:

"So, that's how they do that thing. What can my voice do?" (used to be the tagline in my sig, for a while.)

Maybe you should have chose a different title. :)

I will improove my sound.

Attitude matters.

:) If "------" can sing this so can I.

No such thing as too loud.

Meh, Meh,Meh...... Gug,Gug,Gug..... Weeeeeeeeeeeee...............Wooooooooooooo..........

talk to your voice!

are you ready, let's warm up.

boy, i worked you really hard today. let's warm down together.

man, we've come a long way together. thanks

okay, i'm laying off you for a day or two.

don't tell me we can't do this note...we can do it.

i'm gonna read even more about how you work.

talk to your voice!

are you ready, let's warm up.

boy, i worked you really hard today. let's warm down together.

man, we've come a long way together. thanks

okay, i'm laying off you for a day or two.

don't tell me we can't do this note...we can do it.

i'm gonna read even more about how you work.

Hahahaha thats how i talk to my girlfriend

I will not panic because I did not get "that" note, today. Move on. I will get it tomorrow.

(like Owen said, repeat your successes. Go back to something that worked. Back, re-group, try it again, a little differently.)

When someone critiques my submission, they are critiquing a sound, something that I could possibly change. I can change my sound, I can change my mind, too.

I have a voice that is worth hearing. (ok, that was a little "Stuart Smalley" ) :lol:

And I will achieve the best that I can achieve, whatever that happens to be. (And that is how I was raised.)

I will get hydration. I will get rest. ( I get my sleep while I am driving, like everyone else!) :lol::lol:

And something for myself:

I will consider all advice, regardless of how it is phrased, for I may find something of value.

HEY! :o Where did you get a picture of me? :P

Easy answer:

That's what you get for posting personal pics on facebook.

:lol:

On my facebook page, my avatar is a fake poster of my dog, wanted for rat-killin;. He's prettier than I am.

Even though his name is Shadow, my nickname for him is Pretty Boy.

Am I helping?

Do the boring things paying attention... Actually you should get used to enjoy them, and then you pay even more attention :)

Wisdom of the ages. That should be a sticky (post or motto that heads every section of a forum.)