Headvoice can't match chest voice?

Rate this topic

HalcyonAugust2

So ok i think I have retrained the habit of belting and inculcated the early bridging as recommended by rob and 4 pillars

But what I found was I can't sing any song going to headvoice

I mean I can sing if I use my chest and belt but if I bridge early and use headvoice I jusy cant

The difference in texture color and weight of my chest and headvoicelike black and white and no grey areas in between

The didifference is very apparent and frustrating

So my question is

If I continue to build my headvoice which will obviously require a tremendous amount of time will I or will we ever make it chesty?

Or will it forever sound wimpy?

im drilling the contract and release onsets in tvs

They've been helping a lot

So ok i think I have retrained the habit of belting and inculcated the early bridging as recommended by rob and 4 pillars

But what I found was I can't sing any song going to headvoice

I mean I can sing if I use my chest and belt but if I bridge early and use headvoice I jusy cant

The difference in texture color and weight of my chest and headvoicelike black and white and no grey areas in between

The didifference is very apparent and frustrating

So my question is

If I continue to build my headvoice which will obviously require a tremendous amount of time will I or will we ever make it chesty?

Or will it forever sound wimpy?

im drilling the contract and release onsets in tvs

They've been helping a lot

Could you post a sample? Hard to say if you could sound less wimpy without hearing how wimpy you sound!

No matter the fundamental quality of your voice, chest and head should be very consistant between each other, to the point of being almost impossible to tell one from the other unless you know what to look for or ask the singer.

In this statement, do you talk about a "restricted" chest voice or all uses of the chest voice?

(I guess it depends on your definition of chest voice, but still)

felipe is right.

also, try to understand you don't have to "go into" anything for the sound you're after. you have to build strength in the voice so you can shift resonances. you want to be able to produce "head resonance" tonally similiar to chest resonance which is basically in your pharynx. no one said it would be easy.

and b.t.w., you taught me a new word "inculcate." i've never heard that one before.

bridging early will be easy at first, but you will still have to build strength to mix and shift in and out of the two resonances.

strength to be able to keep the folds adducted under greater air pressure.

strength to balance folds with support as you go higher in your range.

strength for more power and strength to be able to decrease power.

strength to be able to thicken the folds for greater depth and intensity as well as thin them.

strength for lasting power and stamina.

and it depends again on your sound ideals/goals. if you're going for a thicker, wailer, belter type voice you have to get used to hard work which can easily, but mistakenly, be perceived as strain and constriction in the beginning.

fear of hurting yourself can sometimes hold you back from acheiving a vocal stepping stone.

that's where a teacher can help. work it baby, work it learn to sing (a lot) and challenge yourself.