Like A Stone - Chris Cornell

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys....been awhile. Just getting back into singing after about 2 months of nothing, had a little vocal issue. Anyways, give it a listen if you want...comments welcome.

http://picosong.com/37eG/

Beware of middle age men with Justin Beiber haircuts and lip rings...

well done rusty... love that tune.. nice and clean tone to your voice.. few areas sounded like you were either bridging too late or too soon - dictation took a beating from it when that happened... But over all.. nicely done... You can perform that live without any worries.

d

Cheers,

David.

Thanks dude!...yeah, I've been working with the Ken Tamplin stuff...who encourages bridging as late as possible. Still working on the kinks...G4 seems to be my chest limit at the moment.

I like it. You seem to have felt the song very deep.

Thanks man.....actually yeah, recently had a loss, and this seemed to help..

Awesome Job there Rusty. Clean vocals man. Is that you playing guitar? First of all. I am a longtime fan of Chris Cornell and I love Soundgarden and the self titled Audioslave album. Chris was my main inspiritation. Your cover of this is great. I like the way hit the bottom of every note.

Also I feel like you sing this song with a mode of deep understanding and passion for it. The way you contort the melody to your own style like the way you say "room" and the high notes on "Alone" toward the end.

I think you need to use more of your natural timbre for it is excellent. I'm not saying you are not using it, nor am I saying you are trying to sound like someone else, but when I hear certain things I get the same kind bumps I get when I listen to Lennon sing.

Good work. I'd love to do some Soundgarden covers with you.

The only song I have up.
https://soundcloud.com/#skyknight-1/hallelujah-m

You captured the intent and emotion of this song. You sang it like Chris, though you don't sound like him. To me, that is golden.

Sure, I am impressed when one of us sounds like some famous singer. I am even more impressed when you capture the feel of the song as intended. Pitch was good, volume was pertinent to the sections. You did everything you need to do.

This is an excellent cover. Keep it, put it in your live set. If you record an album and put a cover on it, use this one.

Thanks guys!...I'm always leery about covering anything Cornell does. Mainly just because I hear "his" voice in my head and it never sounds right to me, lol.

But yeah, like you guys said...I was more or less trying to capture the feeling of the tune. This is way OT, but my 13yr old lab died Wednesday, and for some reason Like a Stone kinda felt fitting. I know it's not about his dog dying, but it related to how I was feeling...

Thanks again, and @skynight - that's me on guitar too.

Thanks guys!...I'm always leery about covering anything Cornell does. Mainly just because I hear "his" voice in my head and it never sounds right to me, lol.

But yeah, like you guys said...I was more or less trying to capture the feeling of the tune. This is way OT, but my 13yr old lab died Wednesday, and for some reason Like a Stone kinda felt fitting. I know it's not about his dog dying, but it related to how I was feeling...

Thanks again, and @skynight - that's me on guitar too.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. To many of us in America, pets are special and become extended parts of the family. I used to joke that instead of putting on a "beware of dog" sign, I should put one up that says "Don't worry about the dog, it's the owner you need to watch out for."

And yes, it's okay to dedicate this to the memory of your dog, if you wish. I find my dog to be better company than some humans. So that doesn't bother me.