A Question from Codyknight22

Rate this topic

Codyknight22

Hello,

I have 1 question. I'm starting to strengthen up my voice, learning to read music, becoming better a control, but is there a way to figure out what is your weekday point on your own? Right now a vocal coach is not an option, financially or time wise (time because of school, sports, and post family loss things). So I just want to see if there is a way that you can figure out what your own "weekness" is.

That's all,

Codyknight22

@Owen

Oh no I can put in time to the process, but it's going to be a long time because I have to attack it in small chunks. Right now I have school tuition {I go to a private school} and my sister's in college. So money is a little bit more short at my house. I just wanted to see if there was a way to do it without a coach.

Thanks a lot though Owen because this is really going to help.

I think most of us here have developed a finer ear from being here. For example, I hear pitch problems, in myself and others, way more easily than I used to hear it. So, listen to what you know is a good recording. Actually, classical music is good for that. Anyway, get your mind used to hearing what is a good pitch. And when you go off pitch, don't let the sun set without fixing it.

Even if you had a coach, the work is still on you. That is, yes, a coach could hear if you are off pitch and that is valuable. But you still have to learn, whether from a coach or from eating black beans with smoked turkey leg, how to identify a bad pitch, and then, what your body needs to do to correct it. So, regardless of the lesson or the source of the lesson, the burden is still upon you.

Here's some zen for you. A book or a coach cannot make you sing well. You have to make you sing well. As for tone, your going to have to hammer away at it until it is something you like. Some call it work, which is a curseword, to me. :lol:

But there it is. Work.