Cover: The Darkness - I believe in a thing called love

• TMV World Legacy Member

I recorded this today 'cause I wanted to experiment with Justin's singing style. I also did the harmonies just for fun

https://soundcloud.com/pistolhead/i-believe-in-a-thing-calles

Any feedback is welcome, especially on the higher parts since they're all (what I consider to be) falsetto, which I rarely use besides the Darkness songs. To me it always sounds kind of weird but I'd like to hear other opinions besides my own :)

Cheers

You had the right approach. First pre-chorus, you were pitchy but you had tuned up better by the second time the pre-chorus comes around. Wise decision to go light on the high notes, better to stay in tune.

So, now that you have done it, how do you feel about Justin's tweet about whether or not falsetto has a place in his voice or even this song?

You had the right approach. First pre-chorus, you were pitchy but you had tuned up better by the second time the pre-chorus comes around. Wise decision to go light on the high notes, better to stay in tune.

So, now that you have done it, how do you feel about Justin's tweet about whether or not falsetto has a place in his voice or even this song?

Yes, you are right about the pre-choruses, I noticed it too while mixing.

Well, I just sang it like I always sing my Darkness, I'm just even more amazed at Justin's range if he does this stuff in head voice instead of falsetto

Cheers

As for the pitchiness in the pre-chorus, I did that on my cover of "I Don't Believe in Love" by Queensryche. So, I have been where you have been. It was a matter of not being ready for the intonation and kind of ramping up to it. Not a scoop, just starting from a place left of center, if you will.

In the end, like in your other thread, we could round and round about falsetto and not falsetto. I don't worry about it so much, any more. As long as it sounds cool. And you sounded fine in this.

I should send you the link to my Queensryche cover so that you hear me with the wrong intonation on the first chorus and on the last.