Roger Kain's Complete Vocal Workout

Rate this topic

hcc

I recently bought this book online from a second hand retailer. When it arrived, the 2 CDs that came with the book were broken in half. They did refund me half of the money, but now with just written info and no audio demonstration, I am pretty sure I would do the exercises wrong.

I know this is a stretch, does anyone know where I can get the mp3's alone? This is so frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

no, but i've worked a lot (still do) with some of his exercises. it is critical that you get the audio examples, because a lot of his exercises are demanding and can be difficult.

it is designed to really work out the voice.

the book with both cd's is on amazon for $21. best inexpensive program i've ever bought.

let me how how you like it.

I have the book, but the CDs are not usable. I took a photo of it, just no way for me to show you haha. I was happy when I received the book. When I opened it, my heart sank. And they bloody just refunded me 50% of the money. It is useless now, that I can't do the workout. I read some of the information in the book, quite high risk of injury without listening to the audio demonstrations.

I bought the book after reading some of your posts. :(

hcc, that's b.s.......if i were you i'd stop payment on the credit card and dispute the entire charge. i can't see how that could possibly have happened....

then go buy it brand new on amazon. please, don't do the exercises without hearing them. kain's approach is nothing like sls, or any other program out there. some of these exercises are really intense.

I said I wasnt gonna chime in I'm but I have to. It's an omen I have the book and CDs and if I were you get your money back. There is nothing ground breaking in there. More hurt than help

Pm me and I will put a zip file of exercises from different programs together for ya straight from the mp3 I have.

Get your money back

And they are like sls and Ss. Maybe Roger used a kee kee or koo koo when sls or Ss use a gee gee or goo goo.

And he used may may instead of nay nay. And so on and so fourth.

ah,

thought that might get you back here formica......lol!!!!! love ya dan......to each his own, no? they sure worked for me....lol!!!!

folks, dan and i are good friends. i respect him highly for both his knowledge and experience.

he has taught me a lot.

can i say make your own choice?

well anyway., a sidebar......found a nice nice little informative video on yt.....thought i would post it.

Dan, I would love to do that. But how do I PM you? I clicked on your name but everything is private there haha. Let me know how to do it, I will! Thanks man!

Bob, I am just taking this as a sign to not use it haha. I managed to get 50% of money back. I am glad it is a second hand book. So in the end, it was like 5 bucks for the book, although without the CD it is pretty useless. The information is up for interpretation.

Dan, thank you very much for the mp3 collection! Amazing stuff there.

MB20, I know right? Luckily it is a second hand book so its inexpensive. Managed to get 60% back and got a "good luck" in searching for the CDs. Lol

Hey guys I just wanted to add this. I have all the books and mp3s out there however let me just say this, its not what you practice it's how you practice. If you practice la la la la la and do it consistently without any bullshit thoughts like "I can't do this or I need twang or I break in falsetto. Practice right and get a good teacher to guide you you will do better than having a bunch of different scales and sound mumbo jumbo that you just plow through.

It's like p90x. You can own p90x but if you don't do it CORRECTLY and CONSISTANTLY everyday and diet with it,it's not going to help. I have hundreds of hours of different guys going"I made up this exercise" it's the same shit with a different consonant or vowel or scale PATTERN. It doesn't matter if you can't do it perfect. Take your time and do one thing perfect through your range. Even If your range only goes to e4 or g4 that's fine. If you do it perfect it will get better and higher with time.

Hope that helps

Hey guys I just wanted to add this. I have all the books and mp3s out there however let me just say this, its not what you practice it's how you practice. If you practice la la la la la and do it consistently without any bullshit thoughts like "I can't do this or I need twang or I break in falsetto. Practice right and get a good teacher to guide you you will do better than having a bunch of different scales and sound mumbo jumbo that you just plow through.

It's like p90x. You can own p90x but if you don't do it CORRECTLY and CONSISTANTLY everyday and diet with it,it's not going to help. I have hundreds of hours of different guys going"I made up this exercise" it's the same shit with a different consonant or vowel or scale PATTERN. It doesn't matter if you can't do it perfect. Take your time and do one thing perfect through your range. Even If your range only goes to e4 or g4 that's fine. If you do it perfect it will get better and higher with time.

Hope that helps

I like the p90X analogy. I've been doing the Insanity workout for the last few weeks.

It's insane to say that least :-)

You definitely need to CDs for the Roger Kain books.

Some of them are hilarious in a good, fun way.

May Roger Kain rest in peace.....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roger-Kain-RIP/259785100702058