Snake Lips?

Rate this topic

johndavis

I've not come across this. on the videos or in the book? The only thing i can think of it the slight smirk in the resonance tracking exercise. If so, it's just a little smirk, just the beginning of a smile, so your lips are straight which helps you feel the resonance. If it's not that I'm lost!

Book. But it lays them out like a a checklist and "show teeth" and snake lips" are separate. So they must be different?

If it is in the book and you have questions it is Ok to email Robert. I am sure that a book like that would give an email address for questions that you would have.

You can post here. Title your post something like "TVS student with a question for Robert" He will read it.

• Administrator

Hi John, glad to hear your training TVS and digging into your "Pillars"... how long have you had it? "Snake Lips"... never heard that before... and there is nothing in "Pillars" about snake lips? lol...

As Gina said, this simply is the position of the lips when you train the resonant tracking, consonant, "Hum"... it helps open up the resonators. The compressed, quack mode "mee" that follows in the onset package work flow... is seperate to this... it insures that you get good vocal fold closure before you move to the next step in the work flow sequence, which is shaping the embouchure, tuning to the vowel and dampening the larynx.

See "Establishing The Resonant Track", "TVS Intrinsic Anchoring" & the "TVS onset package work flow" diagram. Its all in your book and lectures explained numerous times in different ways and demonstrated repeatedly.

Let me know if you have anymore questions regarding "The Four Pillars of Singing".

Glad to have you as a student of TVS...

Hope this helps...

• Administrator

Agreed Owen... it could be a typo, but if it does say "snake lips"... would that be entirely out of the ball park? it almost kinda works... ?

John if your seeing "snake lips" in the book, please tell me what page and Ill fix it.

Owen is correct... you have pretty much 5GB and 7 days of none stop content of me starting over 350 files with a "Hum" , "Track & Release" onsets...

If it's not a typo, I'd be interested in knowing what it was about. I've been experimenting with Dr. Tizio's straw warm up on scales and noticed that if I roll my lips under my teeth like he does in his youtube video, it's easier to hold the straw and it seems to make it easier to "yawn" on the higher notes. And it totally looks like snake lips, which is no lips at all.