10 minute dayly vocal exersize?

Rate this topic

Usernames Sucks

Hi, i sing in a hard rock band (vocals like nirvana, foo fighters etc). Im a bass

/baritone, going from C# (two octaves below middle c) to E (right over middle c) the notes over middle c sounds really forced. Im not that great singer, so i want to: get better at singing overall, get better at falsetto/head/mixed voice and get a wider range (in the upper register).

I tought if i used 10 minutes of vocal exersizes to improve my singing every day, i would have a concistency that i would benefit alot from in tge long run. So for 10 (or 15 mins a day), what exersizes shuld i be doing to benefit most of? Thanks

Yeah, but i just want to be good enough for my band. Im a guitarist, and i already spend hours and hours a day on that. A half an hour a day will do wonders and help me to get right techniuqe. In my band i just yell the notes wit tons of tenaion, and end up hurting myself. I can actually do low death metal vocals very good, but in my band its more rock yelling like nirvana. It really hurts my throat since anything above middle c is out of my comfort.

Could you guys help me making something for an half hour?

I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you that 20-30 mins a day will do wonder for you. I sing about 30 mins 4-7 times a week, been doing it for about 8 months now. With correct teachings and exercises (quality) shorter sessions with consistency is extremely useful.

Good luck!

This is ridiculous...

Hey I want to play guitar in a band - but I'll only play 10 minutes a day...

You want a miracle solution to be able to sing well, without putting anything of value into it..

So basically Username... don't sing... play your guitar and be happy.. you are not serious about this road ahead with vocal abilities so don't waste our time (or yours) pretending you are...

Usernames Sucks - Thing is that if you want to go past E4, which you can surely do and do it well, it will take a lot of hard work. 10 min per day is barely enough time for warmups. If you seriously want to get there fast you should find a workout program and put in at least 30 min per day. However, if you aren't concerned about going higher than E4 then sure, 10 min per day could make a difference.

User - In that case you would have enough time. The next issue is dealing with the passagio. There is an acoustical reason why E4 is a "road block" for you. It's not just a matter of practicing, but figuring out how to lower the first formant in some of your vowels to enable to you to go higher without strain. At the same time, thinning your folds. This is where a trainer or coach comes in to give professional help. Those 30 min need to be filled with strategically designed practicing that is "customized" and changes depending on where you are at.

Typical exercises would include a warm up doing semi-occluded phonations like lip-rolls and "ng" using scales and arpeggios. Then range extension exercises on certain vowels - "eh" is a good vowel to work on. If you want to progress the fastest way possible with those 30 minutes take a lesson with Lunte or Tamplin or some other teacher. Or buy one of their DVD programs. This is because the tricky passagio issues described above are very difficult to overcome by yourself. You may be able to do it, but it could take you a lot longer than you intended, and you risk injury.

Key to singing - don't put a time limit on it. If you have to put a time limit on singing, you are not a singer.

yes, I said that out loud. My dog even looked at me, wondering to whom I was talking.

Focus on what you are doing, regardless of the time it takes. There is no magic number of time for singing practice.

Sing because you cannot imagine not singing. That is, if you have to prioritize it, you need to examine your priorities.