weird question

Rate this topic

gilad

Here is a weird one.

For some reason on my high notes i feel slight discomfort, wouldnt call it pain between my eyes above the eye brows line.

Does this mean something i am doing incorrectly or maybe a muscle is refusing to let go, and something is developing? Anyone ever feel this sensation?

gilad - I don't have that sensation. If it feels slightly uncomfortable I would guess it is the result of some unwanted tension. I think you're right - some muscle refusing to let go. Does it feel that way with a quiet falsetto on the same pitch?

Hey Geno!

Well, since I have an issue of cord adduction, the difference in sound between my falsetto and my full voice in the highs are pretty similar. So it doesn't feel different. The question is, how long does it take for those muscles to stop engaging?

I didn't know you had an issue with adduction. You sure fooled me. I don't know what is happening. Hopefully others will join in and help figure this out. I recently bought "the singing zone" program by Per Bristow. Pretty interesting so far. His method is all about getting rid of unwanted tension and developing muscle independance. He focuses on this to a degree that other programs haven't. That approach may help you.

Geno: Ill get a chance, and record myself doing an exercise and you will be able to hear what I am talking about. Hopefully I can get to it tomorrow.

Duchi: The slight discomfort I am having is not pain. Its feels more like a muscle being strained... Weird. If i think about it, it really does feel as if a muscle is reluctant to give in, and trying to pull even though i dont let it...

gilad, you've said on more than one occasion how you don't want to hurt yourself. is there any possibility you let go and fall into a breathy phonation simply out of fear?

just a thought.

i'm reading this new book for singing teachers by richard alderson and one of the things he talked about was trying to help a student get over their fears and how the student could be feeling strange sensations which might just be growing pains (so to speak) but difficult to convince the singer that everything is okay.

when you try to hold onto the voice without breaking in the beginning it can be construed as straining but may not actually be. it may just be trying and failing (at this point in time).

just trying to help.