Felipe Carvalho - Beyond the Sea (Bobby Darin)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Nice version - I've had a listen to a few of your other tracks which are all good - this is a bit different.

The original version of this was in French - I'm guessing your native language is Portuguese?

Maybe it could be fun to do a version in Portuguese - your timing was a lot snappier on the one non-English track on the list as you obviously aren't having to think about pronunciation as well as breathing and singing the right note!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Felipe, you crooned me all the way :)

A note about your English, it's very good here man, well done. If I didn't know your native tongue was Portuguese, I would absolutely believe your mother tongue was English.

I listened to your take on "For Whom the Bell Tolls" (which I understand is older material?) and there is a massive difference in the naturalness of pronunciation. Is it a case of having greatly improved your accent, or do you think the Metallica cover was a greater challenge, regarding the accent?

edit : PS The above is by no means a negative criticism of your singing "for whom the bell tolls", I found it unique and enjoyable.

Hey Nick tnx man ;)

Hard to say, I think its a combination of everything. Its been 4 years since I did that one. My english is comming more naturally surely, just by writing here ( I write as if I was speaking it in my head lol) I feel it improved a lot. Jon pointed me a few times that I still slip, and I try to pay more attention to it, so slowly I am learning.

And well, I perceive that there is more effort in there too, so no worries :)