Drops of Jupiter - Train piano and vocals cover

Rate this topic

Shrike123311

https://soundcloud.com/retributionofficial/drops-of-jupiter-piano-and

The piano and vocals were done seperately, but I did them both in one take respectively, no alteration to my voice at all except eqing the bassiest end out so that the vocals would actually sit on my track.

I wrote the piano part myself.

Anyhow, I wanna be able to support my voice higher than I am here, with my highest note being the highest note in the song (G4), but I lose compression after a certain point, 'cause I pull my breath to keep my voice from cracking. But it's like, everything here feels virtually effortless and supported, it feels good and non-constricting.

Also, not sure about that raspiness in my voice, it just sounds that way when I'm relaxed.

All in all? Any feedback/criticism is welcome. I'm serious about singing.

Thank you. :D

All in all, I enjoyed your cover very much.

Things I enjoyed: your very natural delivery, emotive expression, consistent pleasant tone. Good sounds.

I noticed there were a few notes that were just a smidge flat to me (some of the notes around E4-G4), but it's a very small amount off. It's definitely passable and in a live performance folks would probably not notice, however in a recording it can someeeetimes be noticed if your flatness is not conducive harmonically to the song.

I think your natural rasp might be coming significant amount of twang. If that is the case, it should be healthy enough.

I liked it as much as the original. And of the women that I know, this is a major hit. So, if you have a live set of songs you can sing anywhere, keep this one. It is a chick magnet. And you do the song well.

Do some more stuff like this.