trying out Whitesnake - Still of the Night..

Rate this topic

darkclaw3000

thx validar! it is quite a challenging song for me. had to take a couple of takes just to get the first verse right.

still mad at myself for not gettin the pitch right! argh! it seems like its always fallin halfway into another pitch...

thx for pointin out bro! n im freakin jealous of ur hair. -_-

thx validar! it is quite a challenging song for me. had to take a couple of takes just to get the first verse right.

still mad at myself for not gettin the pitch right! argh! it seems like its always fallin halfway into another pitch...

thx for pointin out bro! n im freakin jealous of ur hair. -_-

No problem. It's a challenging song for just about anyone. You have that tone and just the right grasp on dynamics to really deliver this song the way it should be delivered.

haha, don't be jealous of the hair. It's hell to deal with in Florida weather. :cool:

Hi Darkclaw,

I like your tone on phrases like "Sneaking around your door", "telling me i gotta have" and most of the lower phrases... However, you go into Brian Johnson mode quite a bit!

I can definitely hear you switch between those two voices. I assume that you feel more comfortable singing in your higher range in a Brian Johnson kind of way. Am I right? Now, if you could keep your voice "in line" throughout the song that would be cool!

Anyway, hope it makes sense :)

Nick

rowns - wow that will be a dream come true man! thx!

validar - thx dude! tried my best! florida weather eh, i can't even keep long hair here due to freakin govt service..

nick - i totally understood bro! yes i agree i liked my tone better on those phrases u mention, and YES its much easier to sing in brian johnson mode when higher up. "in line" meanin the cleaner tone or Brian tone?

i would really love to sing in the clean tone thruout the whole song but i just cant get it right. im not sure its my technique or my vocals is broken! if u listen on 2.56 part of the song, u can hear me flipped between those two tones.

its because of this that im constantly unhappy about my singing!! i donno if i should be happy or not actually.. confusing me very much!

What I mean is keep your own tone. Your 'Brian Johnson' tone is fabricated, it's kind of your shortcut for the high notes. Learn to sing those same notes in your own voice might be much harder, but it's so much more rewarding :)

There's nothing wrong with your voice. The song is very challenging to sing. Have you considered voice lessons?

Nick

u got me right in the head! yup its kinda of a shortcut, easy way out. it truly is much harder to sing in my own tone. yup i'm takin vocal lessons actually! with this dude Eli Prinsen. http://www.hybridvocaltechnique.webs.com/

damn good singer n his teachings fits me the most. check him out!

Man, its acceptable live I think (if you can sustain that of course), but really not good yet. The high parts all sound cartoonish, as nico pointed, altering your voice to do it, not necessary.

Good to know that you are getting instruction, keep the songs comming :)

Two words bro. (*auto edit*) yeah. It reminded me of good covers you hear in bars. I used to draw superheros for the bands at the bar I bussed at. I was 18 and a hairy dude. So they thought it was weird. It was. Good singing though man.