Train To Bridge Early & Late! Master BOTH

Rate this topic

Robert Lunte

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Thanks Owen, its nice to see someone just compliment my work on the points being discussed... not try to derail or distract the point with a bunch of content related to someone else's program... to me, it just seems rude.

:) Thanks Robert.

There's good and bad points to concider about both. It's about how and why you are using them that makes the difference.

Just the fact that you take time out to post here shows that you care about your students and your craft.

Keep up the good work. (or take a few days off. You deserve it)

• Administrator

:) Thanks Robert.

There's good and bad points to concider about both. It's about how and why you are using them that makes the difference.

Just the fact that you take time out to post here shows that you care about your students and your craft.

Keep up the good work. (or take a few days off. You deserve it)

boy you got that right... Im spent... need to change the scenery big time...

Darn...

Mr. Lunte is doing this amazing job for us. Really found it useful. Thank you for it!

I am currently looking for a teacher, but there is not one that could help me with the kind of stuff I want to learn.

When I tell them rock, they simply say it will ruin my voice, that it is bad and they don't know how to teach me. Not to mention I live in the worst country ever.. So, Mr. Lunte, do you think you could give an advice or something ?

I wold even consider Skype lessons.. : (

boy you got that right... Im spent... need to change the scenery big time...

That brought something to mind.

You still got the bike.

You should do a cover of "Born to Be Wild" and synch it to shots or video of you riding.

I remember in the old days, your promo for the original 4 Pillars had you riding up on it, sort of like how Charlton Heston used to ride up on a Harley flathead for the intro to "Thrillseekers."

jeez, I am showing my age.

• Administrator

Funny Ron... :lol::P I would enjoy doing something like that , but it seems pretentious to outright make a video of me cruising on my bike? I don't know, its not a priority... but you will be happy to know that the opening video to "Pillars" 2.0+ kept with that tradition... we did it again for 2.5... new customers get this video. :cool:

Great video. I tried to explain that several times to beginners when posting on forums. There is really no decision if you want to bridge into head or stay in chest. Head voice is not optional, you can just enter it with more or less mass. And for beginners light mass is definitely more healthy, and also easier because it is easier to work on placements and calibrations when you don't have to care about support so much (which you definitely need more of if you do heavier mass).

Yes Ben... are you a coach? Where do you practice?

No... just a self-educating hobby-singer that tries to help out beginners on net forums (and learn new things myself, too, of course). I have a little "practicing room" in my basement :)

Very nice :). I think its crucial that the work is done completely. I see people wanting power, rasp, depth, agressiveness, belt and so on... The first sample, the light and comfortable registration is the core of everything else, neglect that, and you will build a collection of tamperings instead of a solid and working technique you can actually sing with.

Very nice :). I think its crucial that the work is done completely. I see people wanting power, rasp, depth, agressiveness, belt and so on... The first sample, the light and comfortable registration is the core of everything else, neglect that, and you will build a collection of tamperings instead of a solid and working technique you can actually sing with.

Yep, that's exactly the point. I learned it the hard way, too, and it really seems like just about any beginner (especially men) is not satisfied with the sound of the light mass approach in the beginning (especially because if you are not trained you sound quite "girly" using light mass). Then they search the web and come across the term "belting" and they think: "aah, this is the real thing, that's what I want to do..." and the problems start (true story for myself ;))

folks, please don't take me for being too controversial, but i.m.h.o. using the light mass approach in the beginning does not apply in all situations.

a lot depends on the singer, how much of a beginner he is, how he mentally approaches the voice, and other factors.

light mass, heavy mass, medium mass.....it's all relative.

analogy: you could be a slender ectomorph (slim body/long limb body type) and do curls with 10 lbs. to start with, where a mesomorph (thicker, more muscularly endowed body type) needs 20's to start with.

the most important element i believe is the coordination and consistency.

i say all this because the term "light mass" can be as confusing as "falsetto." without a teacher, i could easily see someone exercising with light mass, only to find out a year later he accomplished very little.

now, that being said.....i'm ready to dodge the bullets...lol!!!!!

i respect your opinion.

i guess i'm just on a crusade lately not to confuse lightening with letting go of anything. a lot of the beginning is learning to mentally and physically prepare to hold on, regardless if you sing in light mass or heavy mass.

You mustn't let go of support as you go up in pitch, in fact you need to increase it, but you must let go of vocal weight gradually. As I said in another thread, even Ken Tamplin who sings with a pretty heavy sound talks about this a lot. He also talks about that beginners should absolutely focus on very light volume early on.

You mustn't let go of support as you go up in pitch, in fact you need to increase it, but you must let go of vocal weight gradually. As I said in another thread, even Ken Tamplin who sings with a pretty heavy sound talks about this a lot. He also talks about that beginners should absolutely focus on very light volume early on.

yes jonpall, but the vocal weight gets released by the vowel, not by a reduction in airflow. you shed the weight with the vowel.

to quote ken "the vowels act as release valves."

• Administrator

Darn...

Mr. Lunte is doing this amazing job for us. Really found it useful. Thank you for it!

I am currently looking for a teacher, but there is not one that could help me with the kind of stuff I want to learn.

When I tell them rock, they simply say it will ruin my voice, that it is bad and they don't know how to teach me. Not to mention I live in the worst country ever.. So, Mr. Lunte, do you think you could give an advice or something ?

I wold even consider Skype lessons.. : (

Rapheal,

I read your post on the TMV World Forum... of course I can give you skype lessons... why don't you just give it a try... it works great if you have a good connection... Here is the link to the page to purchase a few lessons. It will really help you.

If you don't have a copy of "The Four Pillars of Singing" , I highly recommend that you get it as well... so you can train the content with me and actually learn the TVS talk-track.

http://www.thevocaliststudiostore.com/The-Four-Pillars-of-Singing-Hard-Copy-Digital-Download-or-Flash-Drive-3-Lessons_p_44.html

Hope this helps...