Judas Priest "Screaming For Vengeance", please critique

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello, there, Metal Folks!

I have made my own version of this classic Priest song, i have tried to twang alot in this song but i feel there is something missing, maybe you could help me with that. Here is the adress for my videoclip:

Thanx in advance/ Ola

It sounds like you're really nailing that song, and that's no mere feat, but it's a bit tough to really tell how well you're doing because of Rob's voice in the background. Is there a chance for you to get a backing track of this song with the vocals removed? I know that some of that stuff is free and some you have to pay for.

Ok, Jonpall, i didn´t find any backing track but instead i tried to remove Rob´s voice even more in my vocal remover program. I also upload a file with only my vocals. Here you go:

http://www.2shared.com/file/12551056/be4abb14/screaming_for_vengeance_remix_.html

and:

http://www.2shared.com/file/12551158/5830fc24/screaming_for_vengeance_only_v.html

Olem, I got so many adware popup windows that I kind of hesitated to use that site. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I smell viruses all over that site. Could you upload it onto www.box.net or www.speedyshare.com ? Sorry :)

No problem, Jonpall, i totally understand. I will try www.box.net instead and here are the links:

http://www.box.net/shared/2z3x4vb3fb

http://www.box.net/shared/0vlooax0rs

Why do you guy's try to sing like the original track?? do it your own way with your own style, I listend and it sounded like your singing in falceto but i'd personaly like to hear you sing in a full voice in your own style as it would make your screems sound awsome. I did my own version of Jean Geany by Bowie if you check it out it's on my profile then you will see what i mean.

Thanx for your post, Seventh Fear. Well i guess i like Rob Halford´s style of singing and that´s why i try to sound like that. Anyways, interesting that you say i am singing in falsetto. Does this holds for the whole clip because i was aiming for a twangy sound? If so, does anyone have any suggestions of how to achieve a more twangy sound.

Thanx in advance/ Ola

Why do you guy's try to sing like the original track?? do it your own way with your own style, I listend and it sounded like your singing in falceto but i'd personaly like to hear you sing in a full voice in your own style as it would make your screems sound awsome. I did my own version of Jean Geany by Bowie if you check it out it's on my profile then you will see what i mean.

I saw you other replies too and i got to say that you may be misunderstanding something here;).

I think 99% of the people posting in this part of the board just post some practice tracks, not an personal cover of the song. It's just songs to practice one goal ( twang or whatever)...

I'm happy for you if you found your own voice, it's a really great thing. But we all have heroes or challenge to do, and posting here trying to mimic a singer is a great thing to have some opinions of how we can do things better.

Did you never do that?

Agreed with Joshual here.

It sounds like you have a pretty good grasp on that style of singing, i.e. high pitched, twangy, clean voice. Well done! I don't think it sounds like falsetto. I personally tend to gravitate towards a bit more raspy style of singing, actually where singers blend rasp with clean sound, f.ex. sing the song mostly clean but add rasp for certain key words or phrases. I also try to tend towards voices with both high and low overtones. Guys like Rob Halford often have too little of the low overtones for my personal taste, but that's just me. I think you were on pitch and I didn't expect it to be this good. I think if you were to add slight distortion on notes here and there, it would sound even better and really sell the song to an audience. Again, just my personal opinion and note that I'm certainly no expert on this and not a vocal coach, just another singer. Cheers!

Thanx for your opinion, Jonpall. I have listened to your vocals here and you seem to have a good ear and understanding of how to achieve certain modes of singing. Your vocal is very good, by the way, you have come far. I try to add grit but it´s not something you do consistently over one night,;) . Cheers, pal!

• 1 month later...