Shot In The Dark - cover of Ozzy Osbourne song

• TMV World Legacy Member

A cover of the Ozzy Osbourne classic. My singing, everything else by my friend Justin.

I never tried an Ozzy song before. I knew him a bit back in the day, in his career gap between Sabbath and his solo stuff, before the Sharon era. He's not as daft as he's made out to be. Mind you, a lot of years and drugs and passed since then. It seems Ozzy's yet another famous rock singer that I don't sound like. LOL!

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

Loved it, George. One of the best reads I had was Ozzy's memoirs (the earlier one.) From the outside looking in, I never thought he was stupid. He is inventive. And a genius of sorts. And a dark horse. When he was let go from Black Sabbath, a number of people, including himself, thought he was bound for obscurity. Except for one plucky broad named Sharon.

Ozzy can sing, and he can even write lyrics, though Geezer did most of the hippie stuff like "Warpigs." He has an enduring voice that is unique (sorry, Jens.) And is still singing in his 60's. Technique endures a life of mishap and drugs, evidently. He has the uncanny ability to pluck guitar gods from obscurity such as Randy Rhodes (RIP) and Zakk Wylde. But he cannot take two pennies and come up with tuppence. But Sharon can. Hence, they have indoor plumbing and a warm bed to sleep in.

I just had to release a torrent of useless trivia, sorry, George.

Good job.

Ron

thanks very much for listening and commenting.

I think I'll get Ozzy's memoir, it sounds like a good read. I read Ian Gillan's (Child In Time), and it was great. He's wasted so much money over the years on schemes that never went anywhere (hotels restaurants, etc.).

George

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]