[Cover] Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know ft. Kimbra

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi! This is an abridged version of Gotye's song "Somebody That I Used To Know" featuring Kimbra sung by yours truly. Please give me any constructive criticism you can think of! Thank you so much :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCd5nvTtLhg

:) You have a good voice. A good sense of pitch. I enjoyed listening wish the song was longer.

Constructive advice? I almost hate to bring this up, there has been too much debate about this but it sounds as if too much air is passing through your nose on the higher parts. By lifting the soft palet it will keep the sound coming out of your mouth instead of it escaping through the nose. A test for this is to pinch your nose when you sing if the sound is blocked off then you need to lift the soft palet more. N and M need the nose so don't judge on words that have those consonants.(and I may be influenced by all the discussion about this around the forum :P)

I really enjoyed listening to your song and I hope you post more.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Thank you so much for your comments! I will definitely pinch my nose while practicing next time to see if there is too much air escaping. If so, I'll know that I need to fix that for my next cover!

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to have to echo what MDEW said both on the positives and negatives.

A little less nasality and that would have made it a little better for me. Still very good, don't get me wrong but that is the one thing I would tell you to work on.