resonance or unwanted feedback

Rate this topic

MDEW

I was experimenting in my car on an AH/AY in mid voice playing with resonance,support and volume. I experienced a mid range feedback type of sound. I could make that feedback sound loud enough to drown out my voice. At least that is what I perceived.

Is this really what we are trying to do? It did not sound musical to me. It sounded more like a sine wave than a resonant voice. :/

I am not getting that high of overtones but yes. The extra tone is lower and seems to match the pitch of my voice not a harmonic(3rd,5th, octave).

I was singing an Ah with open mouth. Also an AY with open mouth lowered larynx(That seemed to lower without my input) and thinking of making the sound deeper. Once I honed in on the tone I could amplify the volume of the tone and lessen the volume of my actual voice.

I think this tone is coming from the throat(Neck area). I can change tongue and mouth positions without changing this tone.

I have no means of recording it at the moment.

When you tune formants and harmonics do you actually hear a seperate tone?

I think this tone is coming from the throat(Neck area). I can change tongue and mouth positions without changing this tone.

I have no means of recording it at the moment.

When you tune formants and harmonics do you actually hear a seperate tone?

MDEW: Its possible to do. Depends on your sense of hearing, which can be developed to hear such things. You may have chosen a note that has a resonance alignment with part of your car, too.

Try it in the open air, and see if you can get the same effect.