Introducing Nicholas Stilborg! TVS STUDENT - SOUNDS KILLER!

• Administrator

This is my student from South Africa... we have trained extensively over skype and Nicholas came to Seattle for a training intensive about a year ago. Great job Nicholas... you songs sound great and your voice really came to life... very "Alice & Chains" flavor...

Hope you guys enjoy...

• Administrator

Superb !!!

I would like to see Nicholas upload this to the "Main" site....... It definitely looks like a "Spotlight Video" to me !

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

• TMV World Legacy Member

I like live recordings more than studio perfection. Live, there are no patches, no comps, no do-overs. Do it right, do it now. Go big or go go home. Recording in a studio, it's very easy to second-guess yourself. Live, you have to rely on instinct. Welcome to the jungle....

Definitely an AIC feel. Kind of a Layne Staley sound with Scott Weiland phrasing and rubato. Layne would song on the beat, Scott Weiland, a little more jazz, a little more syncopated. A bit of Chris Cornell on some of the high notes. A mix of the best things from turn-of-the-century hard rock.

This looks like it was filmed in a rehearsal studio or they borrowed a club. Whereever it was, it had a good acoustical balance. I could hear the drums, guitar, and bass and the levels sounded good with each other. And yet the voice could get through when it needed to do so.

• Administrator

I like it... the audio is not super great because I Think its just a live recording, but you can hear a strong voice here... Adolph, you can find him on Facebook.

Hi Coach,

I definitely agree about the audio, but like you, I concentrated on the voice.....

Another "Spotlight" for Nicholas. Remember "I Won't Lie" ? Very cool video :cool:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did find your comment about giving you a call, Robert. I've had a lot of "issues" lately (not good),, but I wanted to let you know I WILL be giving you that call ! Today is kind of a bad day. I'll give you that call tomorrow (Sunday) if you aren't busy.

Talk then. COACH !!!

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

• TMV World Legacy Member

Thats awesome!

Before geting pillars, i used to watch all the TVS available videos.

And there was this one, where you could see this guy, Stillborg, training, doing some sirens and practising vocal twang.

Amazing progress, really.

I am really impressed by these A4's. For me this is currently one, if not the hadest note to sing.

At some point when he sustains the note, he seems to lose a little bit his resonance, or support less, but the overall performance is great.

Also, the overall sound is indeed well balanced. Went to a bar recently to see talented people but their performance has been ruined because of bad balances ( with the singer overloading the mic to make himself heard and so on)

• Administrator

Thats awesome!

Before geting pillars, i used to watch all the TVS available videos.

And there was this one, where you could see this guy, Stillborg, training, doing some sirens and practising vocal twang.

Amazing progress, really.

I am really impressed by these A4's. For me this is currently one, if not the hadest note to sing.

At some point when he sustains the note, he seems to lose a little bit his resonance, or support less, but the overall performance is great.

Also, the overall sound is indeed well balanced. Went to a bar recently to see talented people but their performance has been ruined because of bad balances ( with the singer overloading the mic to make himself heard and so on)

Thats right... I forgot about that... here is a video of Nicholas about two years before this performance... training with me in Seattle during a TVS Training Intensive.