What do you think of My voice?

• TMV World Legacy Member

I liked it, a lot. I also liked the torch song style of accompaniment that you had. Very retro, very fresh.

You have a great, open "ah" sound. And you dipthong to oh to close the word and that's okay. In my personal preference, I would probably hold off on the dipthong until last. Same with the n sound. Although you may be doing that for effect, I don't know. Technically, I would stay on oh and let n briefly happen to stop the word.

Just nitpicky stuff that's more about style than a singing fault. Something to be careful of. Habit becomes habit.

I bet you could do a really good cover of "The Way We Were." You have a more sultry timbre than Barbara and I think it would be a welcome change.

Thank you. Sorry but I don't understand some of the terms you used. Could you possibly explain it a bit more?

I'm guessing, then, English is not your first language.

Good job. Stay on the open vowel more often.

And send us more songs like this.

dipthong is the changing of a vowel sound. For example, saying the word eye is a dipthong of the pure vowels a & i, pronounced ah and ee. You may not realize it but you would actually say ah-ee to say the word. So, in singing a word that has a dipthong or changing vowel sound, it is better to let the first or most open vowel dominate and let the closed vowel terminate it briefly. So, singing the word "eye" at the finish of a phrase, for example, you would sing it as AH - ee. Capitals denoting longer duration and volume, lower case denoting lower volume and quick cessation.

Well, in what you sang here, changing vowel to oh gives the note a chesty, covered sound, which is fine, if that is what you are intending. It just helps to know what you are doing and why.