Hurt by Nine Inch Nails

• TMV World Legacy Member

:) I liked it. It does not need to deep and gravely to get the point across. Wore out and fed up. I think we can all relate to that.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Nice job Ron. You have a large range, I have heard some pretty high stuff from you and now you are down in the basement with Johnny. I appreciate you sounding like you. Nice job on the guitar as well.

Ron, sorry to break it to you, but you are a baritone.

:lol:

Also, I heard your dog bark at one point. Nice redneck recording skills. :lol:

Speaking of this tune, someone asked me to post my version of hurt a while back. I happen to be on the computer that has that file. I think I'll finally do that now. In a separate thread of course.

Thanks, guys. MDEW hit the nail on the head. Tired and fed up. That's what makes me think I can do this song, because I can share the emotion, I think, the way Johnny does.

I tried to record several times, noises abounding everywhere but I want to record while inspired, so that's life.

The guitar part is easy. Key of Am. At least that is the key of the cheat sheat I found on line. I don't know if that's the same key as the official recording, but I just went for it.

Good stuff! I have never heard you sing so low! Also, you are suppposed to kiss the pop filter. It actually should be called a moisture filter, because it's purpose is to help prevent moisture damage to your mic. (spit lol)

www.drop-head.com

Good stuff! I have never heard you sing so low! Also, you are suppposed to kiss the pop filter. It actually should be called a moisture filter, because it's purpose is to help prevent moisture damage to your mic. (spit lol)

It was a magical night.

I had watched David Lyon on youtube covering some songs, including this one. And I was singing along with him and it sound like I was pitching lower than he was. And I mentioned that in another thread. And I thought, well, put your money where your mouth is. Put up, or shut up.

So, I decided to cover it, good or bad, pass or fail.

What a treat! I was not aware of you possessing that lower range! You also get there without losing too much weight... Damn your range! ._.

Only thing I can think of really, timing and phrasing.. But those things work themselves out after playing a song four hundred times!

Good job!

Great, Ron! You made this song justice. U have a very pleasing voice when you sing in your lower range. Not that your higher range sounds bad but i prefer this.

Thanks, guys. But Olem, you have always liked my lower ranged stuff, so I knew you might enjoy this. I had fun doing it.

And kudos to Pat for spotting the timing glitch.