Would LOVE some feedback!!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Our fifth gig! This was our last song performed.

I can say this; we had the best reception from the crowd thus far!

People came to me with such a tremendous amount of compliments... It almost made my ego levitate. Luckily I have enough self-critique to shoot it down and look at my performance in a more sober and realistic manner.

My voice was so-and-so gig-day, BUT, we really LIVED on stage and THAT is way more important.

I'm not used to getting female attention "in real life". I usually pick them up online but... I had several girls on me and took the prettiest one home hoho... I LOVE THIS!!!

I would love to hear some critique good and bad... Felipe, bring it xD

I need to be able to relax more on-stage so I can come at some overdrive notes with precision since they require a more accurate and narrow attack... I never shoot them down during rehearsal or while singing at home but on-stage when I'm nervous, I get all wobbly xD

Oh, like us on facebook if it's not too much to ask guys :D

http://www.facebook.com/ArdamenthArchania

Pat, for the love of Gott und alles heilige, please quit making excuses. You do your best every time you are up there. You may think there are faults. Most of which no one can hear and until you shoot yourself in the foot mentioning them.

Your stage craft is better. You have moved past the "master class recital" syndrome of standing woodenly in one place and emitting "technique." You are singing, and you are now a pro. So, be one. No excuses.

You rocked. Live with it. You are not just Pat, singing a capella into his cell phone in the restaurant after it is closed for the evening. You are Snejk, rock star.

I have been reading the bio of Bobby Blotzer. Some may not recognize his name but they know the band. He was the drummer for Ratt. And he has the view that most singers are a bit crazy. And he's right. As he puts it, simply, you need a special mentality and chutzpah to get out there and perform with just your voice. An other instrument can be crafted from all the best parts. The strings that work best for one's fingers. Custom choose the pick-ups. Have an amp built just for you. Some guitarists, like Eddie Van Halen and Brian May, literally built their guitars from scratch. Some, like Ted Nugent, happen upon a model of guitar that is no longer in production but they stick with it and have it re-built, as necessary. Not so, with the voice. There is only one voice and you can only sing by mentality alone. There are no frets to guide the voice, like there is on a guitar or bass.

Rejoice in your power.

Not that it was bad, but I liked this one better than the last clip you posted. Nice homage to Maiden at the end. Did the bass player bring an extra instrument or strings this time? :P

As for receiving female attention now as opposed to before, in this scenario they are seeing you in a position of confidence and authority, and you simply may not have exuded those qualities before. (and yes, they do matter)

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Yes, this one is better than the previos videos. you are improving both your live singing and stage presence.

Also, the way we sing live is definitely not the way we do it in studio. This is what makes it so damn hard when you sing primarily in curbing and when everybody is playing loud and you are in the mist of it, you switch to overdrive/high belts.

Nice job, looking forward to see your next performances!

Thanks for the feed back guys :3

Ron, the reason I make excuses here (I don't make any excuses after a gig, I act confident with a 'hell yeah' attitude til I get home ;) is because sure, people won't hear most minor (*auto edit*) ups BUT this is a singing forum and I am really proud of my self-reflection and it would feel crap if I didn't mention tye most painful flaws just to have someone else bring them up as if I had not even thought about it. That's a horror scenario for me right there!

Oh the coffee shop days <3 I quit that horrendous job a week ago :3

Validar; yeah he did! He has an extra bass to every gig now!

Luckily everyone gets the joke when they play Run to the Hills and i say Fear of the Dark hoho! :D

Yeah, girls love confidence and guys 'in the centre'... If he's got alot if girls around him they become increasingly attracted.. It's a very shallow world but... I'm gonna roll with it ;)

Thanks f.gimp! I try to use the same technique live as I do rehearsing and soon, recording.. I like my overdrive in context (sounds like a whiny child acapella tho xD). But alot of factors weigh in when you sing live and the already small margin of errors for some notes becomes even smaller! But that's also a challenge that I like!

I would love to hear some critique good and bad... Felipe, bring it xD

lol hahaha xD

I took a listen today to the whole song. Its sounding fine man, your voice is a bit higher on this one than on that previous video, which is a good thing.

The thing is, I think there is a huge room in there for development, not in the sense of "learning how to sing" but to really take command of the songs. For example, even your voice being a bit higher placed, it is still comming too low on a few spots (closed vowels kinds of sink it back down) and it could be more open and strong, your tone is very interesting and its still a bit "veiled" from us. Its not huge changes but working on details, I will not pinpoint "errors" as its not my point either.

Does it make sense to you? For example, the same phrase that did not come so well on the beginning, later on, you nail it, so what is the difference between them?

I like the song ideas, and this:

I'm not used to getting female attention "in real life". I usually pick them up online but... I had several girls on me and took the prettiest one home hoho... I LOVE THIS!!!

Is all the review you need :P

Keep the work going! ;)

Hey Felipe, thanks for the reply! :D

I want to use my entire register and alot of my voice colors and dynamics in our music. I don't want to sound like Fabio Leone - one note and you've heard them all. It's great that I get the opportunity to explore this (since I write the melodies, harmonies and such)... But it's also a big challenge because the voice needs to focus on working in a lot of angles that I'm not one hundred percent comfortable with yet.

I hear you on the notes coming too low at times (i.e end of third verse "I'm still ALIIIIIIVE")... I hear that I sing it off-pitch and that actually annoys me way more than if I'd NOT hear it... I am a bit at loss at how to approach this issue because it only appears live and not ever while rehearsing :/

But yeah, I guess the songs are, even though finished, still "projects in the works"... I never sing the melodies the exact same way as the previous gig... I NEED to improvise live simply because that is the most fun and also the most.. confidence building thing in music for me... But it comes at a cost as you pointed out...

(also, the few times I search for a wailing note and find myself in a key that's not remotely connected to the song.. Well, that's jazzy :lol:)

Thanks again!

I hear you on the notes coming too low at times (i.e end of third verse "I'm still ALIIIIIIVE")... I hear that I sing it off-pitch and that actually annoys me way more than if I'd NOT hear it... I am a bit at loss at how to approach this issue because it only appears live and not ever while rehearsing :/

I wonder if that is because of the acoustics. Rehearsing is one thing. Studio can be way different.

But live, there is the "charge" of being live, as well as more things in the environment. Right now, it looks like you are playing in clubs. But wait until you get to Waacken, for example. Open air concert in a field on a huge stage with monitors and sound system way different than what you are used to dealing with.

It' a weird effect. I can sing something that sounded okay to me and then I go back and listen to it, if I recorded it and here pitchy spots. And it makes me cringe, too. And I wonder, what did I do wrong? Or did the mic just not pick up everything. For example, a slide that trails off too soft, so it sounds pitchy because the mic did not pick up the end of the slide.