Whistle register

Rate this topic

Don't because it's useless :lol:

Go real quiet, use practically no air, thin out and stretch the folds to their max. And don't try to slide up there just squeak at it. That being said, I am still terrible at whistle voice. They're just squeaks and I probably can't even do them on most days

By the way, there's this thing called whistling, it sounds very similar :lol:

Ok, I tried what you guys are saying. I opened my mouth wide, and then started letting air out so lightly, and i got a whistle. Very very very low volume. Is this the beginning of finding my whistle register or not even close?

I can whistle while inhaling. I've got 2 clips recorded of me trying this. One is me talking around the C6-E6 area ad the other one sliding from F5~ to F6 or something. Both are very short clips, but it's still fun to do. :)

I'd love to be able to sustain whitle notes though....but considering my age (just 19) and little singing experience so far I better focus on my regular singing.

I can whistle by pursing my lips and not using the folds. I can also whistle by inserting two fingers in my lips a certain distance apart.

However, I cannot whistle using my vocal folds. Surely, I am deficient and defective.

:P

Most people cant do whistle cause they neither understand the function or the application,how,when and why to practice this basic voicefunction.

Most just try to aim for a higher place than their falsetto, hoping that it will be there, most fail.

Whistle on inhale is the same as outwards, no duffrence really probably just mental

Jens, When I get a sgueeky note out of an inhale the cords feel super adducted and I am using a lot of breath force. Is it the same for whistle? or are you Lightly adducted with little breath force?

I can make an extended note with highly adducted cords but I do not recommend it.

Hmm.

Jens, you say inhale is the same as exhale, yet i use a lot of suction power to get the whistle when inhaling. From what i was reading it seems that whistle voice (exhale) should be little to almost no air pressure. Is that not right?

I put myself a mission to work on my whistle voice. I think if i can manage whistle voice, i will know more on how my folds work, and it will give me a better foundation to work on the rest of the voice.

Does whistle only start from C6, or can it also be that for me it starts lower?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Do sirens as pure as possible. So, very smooth, without any constriction. Make an vowel (meee).

Really, relax. I mean, you need some tension, but it should be as easy as breathing, really.

My range from D6-G6 is pretty relaxed and effortless. Really, no pushing, no external tension of my face.