Kamelot Abandoned HQ cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here's me singing Abandoned by Kamelot. The music is the outro to their One Cold Winter's Night album, so it's live and there's clapping and cheering.

http://artcitysound.com/clients/David_Harris/Abandoned.mp3

I was just messing around doing the female vocals and we left them in because they turned out alright in the end. Let me know what you think.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!"

Thanks! I debated whether or not to include the soprano track, but it turned out well.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!"

I guess I am the only one who is going to comment. Probably because you committed the sin of not sounding like a carbon copy of the original singer or even trying to.

Oh well, that gives me more than a fair chance to be the president of the Dave Utah fan club.

Dave. Pretty good man. Pretty good. I listened to it a few days ago, but couldnt comment cause I lost my password info. The lower notes are a touch unstable. You will get more depth out of them if you modify the vowels a touch and lower your larnyx a little. It does lack some feeling, overall. And yes, I know how hard it is to capture Khans feeling as I have covered most of his stuff. Would have like more vibrato in there, but I really liked digged the way you held out "wide" the second time, and added a touch of it right at the end of the note. Your higher notes sound pretty solid. Try not to let your larnyx raise when you sing them, the highest of the notes sounds a touch choked off there at the end. Show your teeth, snarl your nose when you sing that note. Hope this helps, I enjoyed listening.

PS the snarl your nose thing will help modify the vowel from eh to ah, will open your throat a little, and also make your tongue stay down.

www.drop-head.com

Well, Dave, you were asking for requests. Do they have to be hard rock?

I'd like to do a cover of "Everybody Talks" by the Neon Trees. So, let me force that upon you.

:lol:

Well, Dave, you were asking for requests. Do they have to be hard rock?

I'd like to do a cover of "Everybody Talks" by the Neon Trees. So, let me force that upon you.

:lol:

YESSSSSS I love this song. I opened for them once when they were still playing locally in Provo. I'll do this.