My Heart Will Go On

Rate this topic

ElenaHouse

Hi everyone.

My dog and best friend, B.D., passed away in 2010. On the one year anniversary I made this tribute to her. A year later I changed from singing from chest voice to head voice so I re-recorded the singing using Sarah Brightman's music. B.D. lived in Tokyo, Bangkok and Atlanta so she had a full life. She was with us when I was born and was like a sister to me. I still cry when I think about her. It was hard to sing on the verge of crying. :(

Veryy beautiful voice!!! And nice video, pulled at the heart strings a little bit !

Recording was tough, too. I kept crying in the middle. You can see my eyes are red in the video. Had to do it a couple of times to get through it.

I totally get it, Elena.

When my mother passed away, I did not cry. When my old cat, Misty, at the age of 17 passed away, I cried.

The dog you see in my avatar to the left is my dog, Shadow. He belonged to a friend who could no longer keep him. Once I spoke to him at a party about the squirrels in my backyard, he has been "my" dog ever since then.

He will not eat except in my presence. So, yes, when we visit my in-laws for 2 days, he will not eat for two days, in spite of me leaving a literally full bowl of food out for him.

And it will hurt me bad when it is eventually his time to go. He will be 10 years old in July. He is a mix of Siberian Husky and Labrador Retriever, mostly siberian, which has a life expectancy of 12 years.

However, when life gets too painful for him, I will help him ease over to the Rainbow Bridge (animal heaven) rather than see him suffer. It's the hardest part of loving an animal. Doing what is right for him or her when it is time.

Anyway, good job and bless you for sharing this.