Several song examples - take your pick! :-)

Rate this topic

Hanalei

Excellent pitch.

Here's the irony. You have a voice that reminds me of Michael Jackson. Ironic because you are singing hard rock songs.

Kind of neat, really. Good stuff. But I bet you could nail "Dirty Diana" like you wrote it, instead of MJ.

Michael Jackson? Interesting. That's also kind of ironic as I've really never been much of a MJ fan. Just not really my style. The only other comparison I've had so far was someone said I have a little bit of a rasp that kind of reminds them of Stevie Nicks. But it's definitely interesting to see the kind of artists that I remind people of that I never would have guessed.

Not sure how much influence any particular artists have on my sound, but the main artists I listen to or used to listen to are people like Bon Jovi (biggest one), Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Pat Benatar, Heart, and then most of the classic rock/hard rock guys from the 70's to 80's.

And thank you for sharing your opinion!! I appreciate it! :)

Certainly can!

So I take it you didn't notice anything in particular that I'm doing wrong or that could be improved or anything like that? I mean, obviously I'm still working on making my voice good, but if there wasn't anything in particular that you noticed, then that's good, right?

• 4 weeks later...

So, I was playing around last night and one of the songs my mom told me to record because it apparently sounded pretty good. So here it is - opinions would be much appreciated. I've learned a few new techniques for improving my sound since the last post, so hopefully this is an improvement. ;)

https://soundcloud.com/user7915197/little-bit-of-soul-bon-jovi

So, I was playing around last night and one of the songs my mom told me to record because it apparently sounded pretty good. So here it is - opinions would be much appreciated. I've learned a few new techniques for improving my sound since the last post, so hopefully this is an improvement. ;)

https://soundcloud.com/user7915197/little-bit-of-soul-bon-jovi

This was excellent and I am sorry that I did not see and hear it sooner. Don't change a thing. Keep doing exactly what you are doing, whatever that is. Excellent pitch, relevant volume, the two technical aspects I care about, and you already have that.

You have a beautiful and distinctive voice and do not try to sound like anyone else. It would a loss to the art of singing.

Now, go and be a rock star.