Several song examples - take your pick! :-)

• TMV World Legacy Member

I'd love to know what you guys think of my voice, as I've taken several voice lessons. Here's the link. You can listen to as many as you want - there's a couple of different styles and artists I did. Anyway, I'd really appreciate any comments!

The only old one is the very last one.

https://soundcloud.com/user7915197

Excellent pitch.

Here's the irony. You have a voice that reminds me of Michael Jackson. Ironic because you are singing hard rock songs.

Kind of neat, really. Good stuff. But I bet you could nail "Dirty Diana" like you wrote it, instead of MJ.

Michael Jackson? Interesting. That's also kind of ironic as I've really never been much of a MJ fan. Just not really my style. The only other comparison I've had so far was someone said I have a little bit of a rasp that kind of reminds them of Stevie Nicks. But it's definitely interesting to see the kind of artists that I remind people of that I never would have guessed.

Not sure how much influence any particular artists have on my sound, but the main artists I listen to or used to listen to are people like Bon Jovi (biggest one), Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Pat Benatar, Heart, and then most of the classic rock/hard rock guys from the 70's to 80's.

And thank you for sharing your opinion!! I appreciate it! :)

Certainly can!

So I take it you didn't notice anything in particular that I'm doing wrong or that could be improved or anything like that? I mean, obviously I'm still working on making my voice good, but if there wasn't anything in particular that you noticed, then that's good, right?

• 4 weeks later...

So, I was playing around last night and one of the songs my mom told me to record because it apparently sounded pretty good. So here it is - opinions would be much appreciated. I've learned a few new techniques for improving my sound since the last post, so hopefully this is an improvement. ;)

https://soundcloud.com/user7915197/little-bit-of-soul-bon-jovi

So, I was playing around last night and one of the songs my mom told me to record because it apparently sounded pretty good. So here it is - opinions would be much appreciated. I've learned a few new techniques for improving my sound since the last post, so hopefully this is an improvement. ;)

https://soundcloud.com/user7915197/little-bit-of-soul-bon-jovi

This was excellent and I am sorry that I did not see and hear it sooner. Don't change a thing. Keep doing exactly what you are doing, whatever that is. Excellent pitch, relevant volume, the two technical aspects I care about, and you already have that.

You have a beautiful and distinctive voice and do not try to sound like anyone else. It would a loss to the art of singing.

Now, go and be a rock star.