Let's Break It Down

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, I have TVS and CVT and I love listening to how other artists produce their sound based off the techniques that are demonstrated in TVS CVT.

This is a live performance Usher with Beyonce... please try not to focus on beyonce ahah!

I was wondering how Usher is producing this sound for his song "Bad Girl" and how he still has some more "masculinity" in his falsetto voice and its produced so easily. Is this nasal singing? Do you hear formant tuning? I would like to know the logical way to produce a similar type of sound with TVS or CVT.

I love this performance a lot and think it would be a great training song!!! :D

- JayMC

Build your voice strong with tvs, it's like going to the gym. Dont use these sounds for singing usher, just make your voice strong.

Read cvt chapter curbing/ neutral practice those examples add then to your tvs routine.

Sing 5 ushersongs a day take them im a fittibg key, raise key step by step

Cheers

Owen have you seen strength building gains with EH > UH - I'm starting to like UH a lot its awesome.

Honestly I underestimated it before but if I switch vowels just right without losing support I feel HUGE progress vocally... its easier smoother powerful.

Owen have you seen strength building gains with EH > UH - I'm starting to like UH a lot its awesome.

Honestly I underestimated it before but if I switch vowels just right without losing support I feel HUGE progress vocally... its easier smoother powerful.

Jay, eh to uh is the key. I suppose I've had strength building gains with it. But it's more a matter of coordinating the throat shaping involved in bridging registers while maintain a boomy aesthetic throughout. That's what eh -> uh is great for.