Voice cracks when singing?

Rate this topic

struggle25

Voice cracks and strains when singing?

[ Edited ]

Options

4 minutes ago - last edited 3 minutes ago

How can I fix this or at least improve this even just a little bit? When I was younger I was able to hit certain notes especially high notes perfectly now at 31 though it sounds horrible cracked straining absolutely horrible it depresses me because music has always been an emotional outlet for me . Please help me fix this any advice would be beyond appreciated.

Here are some examples:

Just a few examples it constantly crushes my self esteem when I try to hit the notes I used to hit so effortlessly it depresses me so much sighs.

You need to sing more, experiment with different ways of holding your voice. You will eventually find a method that you can work on and develop if you are truly motivated.

Voice cracks and strains when singing?

[ Edited ]

Options

4 minutes ago - last edited 3 minutes ago

How can I fix this or at least improve this even just a little bit? When I was younger I was able to hit certain notes especially high notes perfectly now at 31 though it sounds horrible cracked straining absolutely horrible it depresses me because music has always been an emotional outlet for me . Please help me fix this any advice would be beyond appreciated.

Here are some examples:

Just a few examples it constantly crushes my self esteem when I try to hit the notes I used to hit so effortlessly it depresses me so much sighs.

Can you please point out the times in the videos where these high notes happen? I'm having trouble finding them.

In my experience I've found that voice cracks simply mean something is out of balance in your technique and/or you're exceeding your own capacity of vocal strength, and the result is the voice gives up and does something involuntary. But it could be a number of different things that can cause it, so I'd need to hear where you are currently at.