Have you ever seen a classical singer kick butt

Rate this topic

Hi everyone.

I just took another Aikido (Martial Arts) test. It was an Hour and twenty minutes long but I cut out a whole bunch and made this 2 minute video. I put my singing "May it Be" from the movie "Lord of the Rings" by Enya in the background. My dad owns the Dojo so I've been doing Aikdio since I was 2 years old. We put some pictures of me at 2 years old throwing dad at the end of the video. Enjoy! :D

I am sure, if you have been taking it for that long, that you can honestly kick major arse (definitely mine without breaking a sweat) ;-).. but the section where the three guys are attacking you, looks more Hollywood as they seem to be diving to the ground before you have a solid grip on them..

Besides that.. Nice singing ;-)

the section where the three guys are attacking you, looks more Hollywood as they seem to be diving to the ground before you have a solid grip on them..

That part usually confuses people. It is always at the end of the test when you are tired. There is a single attack. A two shoulder grab/tackle. The idea is to keep moving and rotating so that the attackers don't get a solid grip on you. Your movements keeps their attacking energy off balance. It they get a solid hold then you resort to one of the many techniques earlier in the video. :)