TVS Teacher - Nick Novakovic - Sings Jeff Buckley

• Administrator

Nick Novakovic teaches TVS techniques in Cologne, Germany. My friend and partner. Here is a tasty Jeff Buckley tribute. I am very proud of my team, my teachers sing... Awesome G5 at the end.

Enjoy!

Contact Nick at: nick@thevocaliststudio.com

• TMV World Legacy Member

Definitely some Buckley feel near the end, and not just because of the high note. Earlier, and lower and even mid, kind of reminded me of David Bowie and I mean that as a compliment. And thank goodness it was not "Hallelujah." Nothing against that song and all the people who have covered. Just nice to hear someone do another song that Buckley has done.

And whether others like this interpretation or not (it sounded proggy to me, which is cool), this is singing, not just showing off technique. This is art.

Sie machen gut, Nick. Ich habe das gern.

Yes, Nick's' original band is Proggy. Its called "Starfish Prime".

http://www.youtube.com/user/starfishprimechannel

Now, it makes sense.

Cool beans.

Definitely some Buckley feel near the end, and not just because of the high note. Earlier, and lower and even mid, kind of reminded me of David Bowie and I mean that as a compliment. And thank goodness it was not "Hallelujah." Nothing against that song and all the people who have covered. Just nice to hear someone do another song that Buckley has done.

And whether others like this interpretation or not (it sounded proggy to me, which is cool), this is singing, not just showing off technique. This is art.

Sie machen gut, Nick. Ich habe das gern.

Thanx Ronws... dein Deutsch ist sehr gut:)

Thanx Rob for sharing.I feel flattered guys.

Bowie had and has a great influence on generations of musicians (for exampe singer songwriter Gotye or TV on the Radio) and Buckley influenced modern proggy bands such as Muse and Radiohead. So that's a great compliment.

Yeah I definitely have a faible for proggy and artsy tunes,

Though the more commercial once such as

Muse, Radiohead, Biffy Clyro, Circa Survive and Mars Volta definitely have a big audience and fellowship:-)

that's kinda what the new Starfish songs are aiming for...coming soon

the balance act between modern, artsy alternative rock tunes and emotional, more accessible vibes

Mein Grossvater war aus Deutschland. Ich habe zwei jahren in hochschule studiert und zwei jahren zu hause Deutsch studiert. Aber brauche Ich nichts jeden Tag. Ich spreche mehr Spanish mit anderen leute im Arbeit.