Fix you - Coldplay (cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi, I'm new in this forum and I really love to sing. I haven't taken any singing lessons but I'm really considering it... I'd love to know what you think of my singing. I know It isn't perfect, but do you think I have potencial? I really appreciate any advice :)

Yes, you have a good place to start from, Maria. And I agree with Owen, but with more detail.

I listened to your other songs. "Tiny Dancer" and "A Team."

You are all nasal, all the time. Some of that is not so much your fault. I assume you are quite young and for quite some time, popular music on the radio has been filled with singers who are through-the-nose nasal. If that is all you heard growing up, you end up thinking that is how someone is supposed to sound.

Or, you hear a singer and you think they sound nasal and you go even farther with it in order to hear it through your own ears. But you cannot hear yourself as others hear you.

So, if you get a few lessons or whatever, please trust that teacher when they help you clean up your tone, a little.

As for lessons, if you can find someone local that sings opera or theater, often you can get lessons really cheap. And no, it will not make you an opera singer but the basics will always apply.

I also meant to add that your pitch was mostly good. Articulation will clear up as you get less nasal. Good emotion on the "Fix You."

I think "Tiny Dancer" was too low for you. Or, you sang with less emotion than intended. Don't be afraid to change the key of a song something more comfortable for you. I have done so. A few songs, I have raised the key higher to be more comfortable for me.