Blower's daughter - Hitting those high notes in head voice?

• TMV World Legacy Member

So i've been working on strengthening head voice - but it still is a bit airy? you'll hear it when i get to the climax. What do you think? i took on board the other's advice from a previous post, and have been focusing more on vibrato for dynamic contrast and effect.

https://soundcloud.com/leebanana/blowers-daughter

How can i sustain those high notes? And hit them with clarity? Do i just need more time? I find i'm getting better really quickly every week so this might not be a problem in a few months or so, but for now does everything sound on the right track?

oh, it appeared!! was that just my mind playing tricks on me?! sounds mostly good to me. like you say, it's those higher notes. Just refer to my response to your other post about the slides. I really feel like you're heading in the right direction though, it's just time and practice.

Professional vocalist in Devon, England. Here's the link to my website: [url=http://www.ginaellenvocalist.co.uk/]professional vocalist in Devon[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/gina-ellen]My soundcloud[/url]

Something that I always have to remind myself of, is that even the slower sad songs need to have a deep connection. They come from a strong emotion even if it is one of sadness.

In other words we tend to sing them a little too light without enough support. Lower notes also get shakey,weak and can tend to go flat.

You may find that if you start off with more support those higher notes may come a little easier and stronger.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I think I just answered that for you on the Techniques section. :cool:

Breath low into your stomache, expand your lower ribs, keep your lower ribs expanded and control your exhalation.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Like I said in the other thread, I would recommend you to stop worrying about high notes and head voice for a moment and get a good foundation you can build from.

At this point you do not have enough control over your low and middle range. Once you have that you will have a much easier time hitting those high notes.

Nick

Like I said in the other thread, I would recommend you to stop worrying about high notes and head voice for a moment and get a good foundation you can build from.

At this point you do not have enough control over your low and middle range. Once you have that you will have a much easier time hitting those high notes.

Nick

I agree 100%, just keep practicing, and you will improve.