Vocal Agility

Rate this topic

What are effective exercise to build above average vocal agility... meaning being able to switch notes, timbre, and speed of song very quickly... all while not losing closure or support.

How can I manage this? Especially if I need flexibility from normal male C to a little bit into the high head tones.and

An example is I can quickly chromatic staccato ah-ah-ah in my speaking voice very easily but the high notes are "slow responding" and sometimes airy (which may be cause due to minor fold swelling).

Switching pitch and color very quickly makes my voice fall apart - I often hear females due this very easily I guess it is partially because their voice is naturally higher it is easier to navigate.

Hope someone can offer some advice. I just want my folds to respond quickly and be willing and able to navigate through the registers rapidly with ease and finesse. :lol:

- JayMC

What Bob said.

Just practice every day, it's simple. There is no "magic" exercise or "magic pill".

You just need to practice in that area. Yodels, runs, anything.

I heard a guy on Soundcloud who did a ridiculous run or trill literally on every note. As cool and agile as it sounded it, it was way too much.

Play with your voice, only you can get the best out of it.

Ever since I changed my warm up and vocal exercises my voice has been on point everyday, even in the morning. Morning grog is less heavy on my voice.

jay, i'll bet your lack of response is because you're going way too fast with your vocal training. get the basics down first.

And the clouds part, and the sun shines, and the angels sing, "amen ......"

jay, i'll bet your lack of response is because you're going way too fast with your vocal training. get the basics down first.

This.

Jay, vocal agility is a more advanced vocal skill. You are not even an intermediate singer yet. Don't rush the process or you'll get nowhere.

This is why you need private lessons. You don't know what to practice because no one is truly guiding you.